PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhoea

Gracie's mamma
28-02-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm actually pretty cross . Mum dropped off child this morning then phones me 5 mins later and tells me the child has diarrhoea , and there is a change of clothes in her bag. i said oh and and she told me it was going round all the family.
I kept the child with me as she hadn't had it with me, but guess what . . . she just has now and i've phoned mum to tell her and asked her to pick up asap, she didn't ansewr the text !!
I'm going to tell her i'm not having her tomorrow and Thursday , i am going to charge her 100%

:angry:

rickysmiths
28-02-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm afraid I would have told her when she phone to come back and get her child at once.

Do you have her work number? Try that and her mobile once more and then start on the emergency contacts and get one of them to collect, thats what they are there for.

buzzy bee
28-02-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm with rickysmiths and I definitely think you should not have her the next 2 days and charge 100%.

I'd call her now aswell.

Hopefully you won't get it. People are so selfish!!

Agape Childcare
28-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Hmmm nightmare

You need to remind her of the agreement - if you have an illness policy and she has read it; it will be easier to remind her and then charge her for the suggested two days full pay; only hope you've not caught whatever it was. :panic:

Hope you managed to get hold of her
Ang

EmmaReed84
28-02-2012, 05:36 PM
I agree with Rickysmiths. Call her, leave a VM to the affect "you need to collect I will call again in 10 minutes, if I cannot get hold of you I will contact your emergency contacts" Then I would text her words to the same affect. Then I would call the emergency contacts and send LO home with a copy of your illness policy and a copy of the HPA guidance if you are able to download the PDF version and print it. Oh and I would also be charging FULL, not question about that.

catminder
28-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Do you think mum forgot to mention it to you at drop off or purposely waited til later - if so that is so inconsiderate of her.:mad:
I would make sure she understands that exclusion is for 48 hours after last episode of diarrhoea and yes, definately charge her.