PDA

View Full Version : Notice boards..

Rio123
28-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Can anyone tell me what they have on their notice boards, I have my reg certificate, parent poster, complaints policy and house rules. What does everyone else have, do I need to put my insurance policy on there.
It's not that big and I don't really want to have to get a bigger one if I don't have to. (It's not the most attractive thing to have hanging in your hallway)

Thanks for any info.

rickysmiths
28-02-2012, 03:38 PM
I have my Insurance Cert, First Aid Cert, Reg Cert and Parent Poster.

mindingmummy08
28-02-2012, 03:48 PM
I've got one of those picture pockets from amazon hanging in my kitchen during minded hours.

It has Certificate, Insurance, Parent Poster. A little poem thing I found on here, house rules and fire evac, weekly menu and a rough outline of our week eg what toddler groups on what days. A welcome poster and a healthy portions poster.

I think it looks great and got the idea from someone on here. I just fold it up and bung it in pantry at weekend.

moogster1a
28-02-2012, 04:25 PM
i don't have one as I'm a home not a nursery!
Anything parents need to know, I tell them. The only things I have up ( re. cert. and insurance cert. ) are propped up in photo frames on a windowsill in the porch ( hidden behind a pottery sheep unless Mrs. O is on her way!!)

Rio123
28-02-2012, 05:06 PM
I have my Insurance Cert, First Aid Cert, Reg Cert and Parent Poster.

Thanks, everyone seems to have something different, I thought it was always compulsory to display the parent poster and complaints procedure, i have the others in a folder, but wasn't sure weather to put them up or not.

Rio123
28-02-2012, 05:08 PM
I've got one of those picture pockets from amazon hanging in my kitchen during minded hours.

It has Certificate, Insurance, Parent Poster. A little poem thing I found on here, house rules and fire evac, weekly menu and a rough outline of our week eg what toddler groups on what days. A welcome poster and a healthy portions poster.

I think it looks great and got the idea from someone on here. I just fold it up and bung it in pantry at weekend.

That sounds like a good idea, might have to look into that and ditch the notice board

Little Pickles
28-02-2012, 05:26 PM
I havent got a notice board either but I am wondering if I will get marked down for it . I did think about displaying childrens work on one if I had one . I used to have posters on the wall with numbers , letters and body parts on but the little pickles I look after kept ripping them and the walls ended up a right mess ! At the end of the day its my house more than a childminders office and I think as long as the children have access to the information and reasources it doesn't have to be a permenant fixture in my home !

sarah707
28-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Thanks, everyone seems to have something different, I thought it was always compulsory to display the parent poster and complaints procedure, i have the others in a folder, but wasn't sure weather to put them up or not.

You are right in a way... it is a requirement to display the Ofsted 'complaints' poster - the poster with their address and phone number and the picture of the children playing on the floor.

Check you have the right one - it must be the new phone number - they caught a friend of mine with the wrong one and she was marked down for keeping children safe. It should say - 0300 123 1231.

However you don't need to display your policies and procedures - they should be immediately accessible to parents and some must be given out at induction if you are also registered on the childcare register.

You must also display your registration certificate from Ofsted.

A lot of inspectors look for a fire escape plan too.

The rest is up to you! :D

miffy
28-02-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't have a notice board - my insurance and registration certificates and parents poster are in frames and just put away when I'm not working.

Miffy xx

catminder
28-02-2012, 06:10 PM

That's a great idea, think I'll do that if you don't mind. I might put some art work in it as well to display. :)

Rio123
28-02-2012, 06:39 PM
You are right in a way... it is a requirement to display the Ofsted 'complaints' poster - the poster with their address and phone number and the picture of the children playing on the floor.

Check you have the right one - it must be the new phone number - they caught a friend of mine with the wrong one and she was marked down for keeping children safe. It should say - 0300 123 1231.

However you don't need to display your policies and procedures - they should be immediately accessible to parents and some must be given out at induction if you are also registered on the childcare register.

You must also display your registration certificate from Ofsted.

A lot of inspectors look for a fire escape plan too.

The rest is up to you! :D

Excellent, thanks Sarah, I do have the new poster, they sent me one a couple of months ago when they changed address. So... Reg certificate and Parent poster compulsory, that's what I really wanted to know, thanks again.

jadavi
08-04-2012, 07:06 AM
I would like to have a poem about being a childminder up. Does anyone have one? What is your poem mindingmummy ?

miffy
08-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Do a forum search, I think Mayberry put one on a while ago

Miffy xx

keeks
08-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Do a forum search, I think Mayberry put one on a while ago

Miffy xx

This one is quite cute

http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a13005/poem_the_childminder

Personally though I would change the line "but my role is just as strong" to something like "but my role is also strong", but that is just me being picky. :D

xx

miffy
08-04-2012, 07:47 AM
This one is quite cute

http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a13005/poem_the_childminder

Personally though I would change the line "but my role is just as strong" to something like "but my role is also strong", but that is just me being picky. :D

xx

I think that's the same one :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Playmate
08-04-2012, 08:02 AM
We have PL and reg certs in clip frames in the hall. Our notice board in the porch above children's coat pegs has parents poster, our leave dates for the year, weekly menu and other local notices/ flyers :D

Chatterbox Childcare
08-04-2012, 10:26 AM
I have my registration cert, ofsted contact details and the season just to break it up

I think it is a complete waste of time as I email my parents everything when they sign up...

Monkey26
08-04-2012, 10:58 AM
I have...

My reg certificate
My public liability and employers insurance certificates
Ofsted complaints poster
My council accredited childminder certificate
My first aid certificate, plus my assistants first aid certificates
Floor plan
And our "who's here today" picture board

My notice board is quite big can you tell?! But it doesn't bother me as its in the playroom which I close the door too at the end of the working day :D xx

Chimps Childminding
08-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I also have one of those plastic wallet things! Certificates in some pockets and then things realting to what we are doing or artwork plus current news letter in the others - not that any of my parents ever bother looking at it :angry:

jadavi
08-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Thanks, I used the poem and wrote 'and my minding role is strong' in place of that line.
Thanks for posting
ja

Rosy Days
08-04-2012, 06:32 PM
here is another childminder poem, it might have been posted on here before but just found it in my documents, quite nice ....

The Childminder

There is no job more important than ours,
no job anywhere else in the land.

We are the keepers of the future;
we hold the smallest of hands.

Into our care we are trusted
to nurture and care for the young,

and for all of our everyday heroics,
our talents and skills go unsung.

We wipe tears from the eyes of the injured.
We rock babies brand new in our arms.

We encourage the shy and unsure child.
We make sure they are safe from all harm.

We foster the bonds of friendships,
letting no child go away mad.

We respect and we honour their emotions.
We give hugs to each child when they're sad.

We have more impact than does a professor,
a child's mind is moulded by four;

so whatever we lay on the table
is whatever that child will explore.

Give each child the tools for adventure,
let them be artists and writers and more;

let them fly in the wind and dance on the stars
and build castles of sand on the shore.

It is true that we don't make much money
And we don't get a whole lot of praise,

But when one small child says, "I LOVE YOU ,"
we're reminded of how this job pays.