PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed asap pls!

rhea26
28-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Hi, I have a mindee today who is 2, they have been fine this morning when we were out just seemed bit tired but just put them down for a nap and went to check on them and they have been sick, a couple of times, they havent eaten anything unusual and they said belly hurts but I know at this age they dont always mean what they say! Would you call mum to collect? I feel bad about sending them home ill and have only done it once befor and am always worried parents may be funny, you can smell the sick on the clothes so they will know she has been sick, just not sure what to do as they dont really seem that poorly? Please help!

kellib
28-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Yes, the child has been sick so I would phone parent to pick up immediately.

FussyElmo
28-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Pick up the phone and make the call hon. Its to stop infection spreading and more importantly you dont want yourself or your family any other mindess coming down with it :)

mrs robbie williams
28-02-2012, 01:18 PM
yes definitely call parent and ask them to collect asap x

Little Pickles
28-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Yes definatly phone parents for pickup and don't let child back for 48 hours after last episode . If parent queries it then tell them its your duty of care to other children and their child - if you haven't already write up a child sickness policy and get parents to sign to agree with it

AliceK
Def send home and exclude for 48hrs after the child has had the last lot of sickness.
D&V is one area where I am very very strict. Don't feel guilty.

xxxx

Carol M
SICK= SEND HOME!
There are lots of d&v bugs about and you have to reduce the risk of cross infection to other mindees and yourself!
And lo will feel better at home with mum.
Carol xx

Goatgirl
28-02-2012, 01:22 PM
HI,
Yes I would call parents to collect straight away. WHen they come I'd remind them of my 48 hours exclusion from last bout of either sickness or diarrhea. I have this in my sickness policy but if you don't have it written down and they query it, you can just explain that you have to consider the HPA guidelines for exclusion.

I would be firm about it. But friendly, so "I hope Lo feels better very soon. We'll see her/him on friday at the earliest then." Then I'd ring or txt to see how Lo is before they come back; remind them of 48 hour rule and ask when they were last sick etc

Don't feel bad: you are preventing the spread of sickness which is part of your responsibility to all the children in your care and their families. Besides which if you catch it, no one will have childcare and you lose your income :thumbsup:

good luck :)

boxtree7
28-02-2012, 01:25 PM
definitely send home and don't come back for another 48 hours.

EmmaReed84
28-02-2012, 01:28 PM
I know how you feel, I am always debating on what to do when I have changed dodgy nappies... but sick... there is no question I would be calling

Pick up the phone... "Hello (parent) just to let you know X has been sick. I have cleared him/her up. You will need to come and collect her now please. I will keep him/her comfortable until you arrive" leave no room questioning!