PDA

View Full Version : reassurance as gave notice

Helly Belly
28-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Hiya i've had little one for nearly two years 3 days a week from 6 mths and today is last day i gave notice as have only 12 good days with this child and i couldnt take any more. I have had great moments but only 12 days where her behaviour hasnt caused a problem, i'm sure its not me as i have 6 other los that are no problem and one with learning difficulties, this lo is spoilt in my opinion and parents aren't helping, lo lies for most of the day to try to get her own way and she is getting confused between lack of boundaries at home/ nannys and here at my setting. Mum thinks 26mths is too young for rules i was driving myself my husband, my mother and best friend ( all my assisiants, but not together) mad with my ramblings she is my highest payer and the decrease in wage is going to hit is hard but my sanity is more important, would you have continued ? and suffered? Lo has done nothing wrong as i believe all behaviour is learnt , i love lo and will cry tonight at home time
Thanks for reading

mindingmummy08
28-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Breathe a big sigh of relief and keep reminding yourself that you will not only be happier in yourself but have so much more energy to enjoy the others in your care.

You need parents working with you and if they were not willing to you've done the best thing for everyone and maybe the next provider will feel the same way you did and the parents will realise they need to change their attitude.

Hope you feel better soon

funemnx
28-02-2012, 12:43 PM
You have done the right thing - money isn't everything, although it helps! I'm sure another lovely lo will come along for you soon xx

Tatjana
28-02-2012, 12:44 PM
I think when you enjoy peaceful days when lo would normally have been with you it will be all the reassurance you'll need.

It's not like you didn't try, you had lo for a long time, what can you do if parents won't work with you.

The Juggler
28-02-2012, 01:44 PM
sending a hug but you've done the right thing. :)

leeloo1
28-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Hugs and reassurance from me that you've done the right thing!

I was asking for help with a similar issue last week. Its mad that 1 v small person can have such an effect on your stress levels and emotional well being - but they do! I was all set to give notice, but thank goodness parents have just done so. :) Not a moment too soon, as I had 2 bad dreams about this child over the weekend (running into road whilst with me - me telling parent and parent saying 'awww you know what kids are like' - type dreams), countless stress headaches (after long periods of him screaming) and my own kids are starting to copy the bad behaviour. :(

I hope you replace your badly behaved mindee quickly - I'm planning a bit of (well-deserved IMO) time off when mine goes! :)

little chickee
28-02-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't think any of us give notice lightly.

If you fell that you needed to do so then it WILL be the right thing to do.

Helly Belly
28-02-2012, 05:19 PM
thanks everyone for reassurance, lo gone home now, without a word from mum :(. lo gave me reassurance as she left i mentioned she wouldn't eat tea and she asked mum for a biscuit and started tantrum when the answer wasn't the one she wanted, too little too late, i do feel relief and two new ones starting soon and a current one increasing days:clapping: and also will have fridays off after easter
thanks for being there forum members x