PDA

View Full Version : dosnt it drive you mad!!!!!

foxy lady
27-05-2008, 12:04 PM
i have just made a lovely dinner for my little ones.
no one of them finished it. moans about
i dont like the bits in it
i dont like onions(there wasnt any onion in it)
im not hungry
i dont like carrots
its too spicy( again no spice added)
all i made was shepards pie and carrots it just drives me mad aaahhhhhhh

disney
27-05-2008, 12:14 PM
oh im sorry thats awful for you ! this is one of the reasons why i dont cook i only do lunch if they want dinners then the parents cook them and i warm it in the microwave this way they usually eat it as their mums have made it and well if they dont then well its their mums food & time and not mine :blush:

mum2two
27-05-2008, 12:15 PM
That annoys me too! :angry:

When they say they don't like it, but haven't tried or - or like you said saying I don't like that, and pointing to something. Then when you ask - what is it - they say 'I don't know' :angry: :angry: :angry: Well how do you know you don't like it then...!!!!

Kelly x

manjay
27-05-2008, 12:48 PM
I have a very fussy eater today (only in the hols luckily) I gave him crackers and cheese for snack. He said he didn't like the cheese because it smelt like dirt!!!! Persuaded him to eat one piece and he then decided it was ok. All my others eat whatever I make. This particular child doesn't. For lunch we had chicken on a wholemeal bun some potato wedges and brocolli. He looked at me like I was trying to poison him. He even said I was weird for cooking the wedges in the oven. He said chips should be cooked in the microwave:eek: Don't think I am going to get very far

avril
27-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I have a mindee for tea tonight and will be making shepherds pie, fingers crossed it goes down better than with your lot :laughing: :laughing:

carolinel
27-05-2008, 12:56 PM
chips in the microwave??? never heard of that before!

foxy lady
27-05-2008, 12:57 PM
yes when i started childminding in september my sister (mrs bumbles) said i should only give them snacks and get them to bring packed lunches i should have listened!!!!! big sis knows best ha ha:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

manjay
27-05-2008, 12:58 PM

Think it must be those skinny ones that go in the microwave. I have seen them in the freezer cabinet. I have no hope with the lo if that's what his mum feeds him. The younger one has wotsits for breakfast:eek:

carolinel
27-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Can't believe what some people feed their children. I hate it when I see children on the school playground in the morning eating crisps and sweets.

charleyfarley
27-05-2008, 01:07 PM

Micro chips perhaps Caroline?

I used to mind very occasionally a lo who would only eat those, I point blank refused to serve them.

Shows you what they eat at home, a well balanced meal :laughing:

Carol xx

carolinel
27-05-2008, 01:08 PM
ah yes, I know the ones - can't say i've ever bought them though.

Mollymop
27-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Poor you, making that lovely lunch and no one wants it!
I make my mindee sandwiches and stuff like yogurt, salad, etc. She is happy with that. I reakon if i did cook most of it would be wasted.

Banana
27-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Sorry lunch didnt go down well!

Its very annoying when that happens. :(

x

deeb66
27-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Yes it is annoying.......

I have been there so can definately sympathise.

Try not to let it get you down!

Wendy Woo
27-05-2008, 01:51 PM
ah that s a shame sounds lovely to me im stuck with dry toast today as tummy not been to clever!!!!!:ohdear: :ohdear:

Thats y i gave up cookin big meals!!!
I now do sandwiches, wraps, pittas etc the mindees love it, so does my boy and i find there is not much waste at the end of lunch

chez1373
27-05-2008, 02:53 PM
I have the same problem im so glad its not just me lol