PDA

View Full Version : feel totally terrible

handeme
28-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I have a nearly two year old that has been with me a nearly a year but today he has been bitten in the cheek by another little boy. I was stood next to them when it happened, I saw what was happening and stopped it before his teeth really sunk in bilut it has left a horrible mark. I feel totally terrible. This little boy has been bitten before and parents were ok about it and he has also bitten but I feel awful about this almost close to tears. I know as a parent how I would feel if my child came home with this mark.

C x

flowerpots
28-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Oh hun, we cant stop every little bump, bruise or bite. Lo has been with you for a long time, im sure mum/dad will understand. xxx

catminder
28-02-2012, 12:24 PM
These things happen so quickly it's nothing you should feel bad about. As long as you discus with parents some strategy to deal with this to show you are doing all you can then hopefully your mindees will stop this behaviour.

handeme
28-02-2012, 12:28 PM
It was whilst we were out at play group so not even one of my other mindees. I do take things to personal but I feel awful x

VeggieSausage
28-02-2012, 12:50 PM
be prepared to give them 10 mins when they come to pick up and make sure you tell them what you have done about it etc etc...log as an incident :(poor you and lo

The Juggler
28-02-2012, 01:43 PM
oh hon these things happen. I'd maybe prepare mum/dad in advance if it looks awful. :panic:

jane5
28-02-2012, 02:44 PM
I think that as long mum knows that you feel terrible and will do your best to stop it happening again then she should be fine.

We can not wrap our lo's up in cotton wool and this is part of social interaction and as long as the parent feels that lo is properly supervised, there is not much more you can do.