PDA

View Full Version : expecting ofsted soon

adele1985
27-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Im expecting an ofsted visit soon (well im hoping for one actually - they were here in november 2010 when i was working with another minder - alot has changed since then so id like an ofsted report that refelcts this)

Ive updated all my policies and risk assesments
re-decorated and re-carpeted the playroom
got lots more crafty recsouses
made a scrap book thats got lots of pics of the kids doing activities/outtings
all my planning and development files are up to date

Im woundering what else ofsted may pick up on

one of the things she pivked up on last time was my knowladge of safegurading ( I knew it but when she asked questiond about it for some reason i froze) this time I have made a booklet outlining all the signs of symptoms and what action should be taken (Ive gave all parents a copy as ive wrote it for them really) do you think this would be enough

Also when the children have been to the toilet and washed their hands do you have a seprate towel for each of them?

What else would they look for ?

rickysmiths
27-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Yes I have towels for each child. I have ones I got from Dunelm with animals on.

I have a photograph album with pictures of all my resources so the children can chose what they want if it isn't immediately visible. Ofsted loved this when I was inspected and prospective parents love it too.

I have two multiframes with photos of the children doing a variety of activities the children love showing their parents, I update it regularly and Ofsted loeved it too.

While my inspection was going on I had a digital photo frame on again showing loads of activities that it would be impossible to show on the day. They seemed very hot seeing the full range of things.

They loved my quiet corner with soft rug and curtain and basket of books.

QualityCare
27-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Safeguarding always comes up at inspections you need to know it inside out as they will always ask something on it, l had to go through the whole thing from signs and symptoms to reporting it who to and why. My last inspection (oct) she was more interested in what l was doing with the children, she read my files while sitting with the children talking and playing with them, they kept giving her play dough cakes, only used her lap top at the end for about 15mins.
Just read above post if theirs anything that you think OMG l should do that then make up an action plan and put it on it, it shows self evaluation and wanting to improve.