PDA

View Full Version : Have i done this right?

Demonjill
27-02-2012, 10:41 AM
One of my mindees came today with bruised and scraped back from falling off his bunk beds at the weekend
Mum was in rush to get to work as usual so I have filled out an accident/incident form stating what happened and that it was at his own house etc, what he had hurt etc
I have signed,dated it etc and I will get the Dad to sign it when he collects later and keep it in file. this is for my own peace of mind as dont want them saying it happened here -

Is this enough? Or should I do something else?
What do you all do?

miffy
27-02-2012, 10:55 AM
I would have filled out an existing injuries form rather than an accident form and you should have got mum to sign it before she left - that's for your own protection in case there was any issue later.

Miffy xx

AliceK
27-02-2012, 11:00 AM
I also fill out an Existing Injuries form too rather than an accident form. Sometimes though the parents don't sign it until pick up as we are all in a rush in the mornings so especially if it's a mindee dropped off as we are going out the door to school I don't have time to fill it in then so it has to wait until I get back from school.

xxxx

Greengrass74
27-02-2012, 11:05 AM
I agree with the others, you do not need an accident form as it not happen whilst the LO was in your care, an existing injury form is what you need to fill out