PDA

View Full Version : Assessment and Next Steps help please

EmmaReed84
27-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Just got back from dropping off DS at playschool. I put 18 month old mindee down and she yawned. I asked her if she was tired and she totted off to get ther blankey came back and said "yeah" I then asked her if she wanted bed and she said "yeah" and got my hand, I stood up and she walked to the stairs. I opened the gate and let her climb the stairs (standing v close behind) she went straight to the travel cot and held her arms up. I laid her down and she waved.

She has never done this before... aknowledged she is tired and effectively took herself to bed... How can I use this for her LJ?

AliceK
27-02-2012, 10:04 AM
PSED, PD??

xxx

blue bear
27-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Pd - health and bodily awareness. Communicates needs.
Clld- use single and two word utterances to convey messages.

VeggieSausage
27-02-2012, 08:46 PM
I would say PSED - Self-care - Begins to indicate own needs, ie: By pointing. 8-20 months possibly....

EmmaReed84
28-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Thank you...

Just now I was sat on the sofa watching her play ready to do some obs and she came up to me and got my hand and said "ere" pointing to the door. I asked her what she wanted and she pulled my hand so I got up and followed her, she took me to the gate and pointed to the stairs and said "ere" I opened the gate and again she led me upstairs to take her to bed :eek:

What would the next steps be regarding her understanding her own needs? I have never had this before and am quite interested in where this will go from here.

VeggieSausage
29-02-2012, 01:19 PM
could be trying to take clothes on and off, do things themselves, hold arms up to be picked up etc, point at a drink or food, tell you what they want either words or noises, ask for a certain toy eg cars, have a melt down when they don't get their own way......depends what stage of development they are in and on their personality.....