PDA

View Full Version : charge for overnighter at their house?

jadavi
26-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi I wondered what you'd charge?
MY overnight mindee has chickenpox so I've agreed to sleep over there as he's not well but my parent has no more annual leave so am helping her out by doing this.
She's assuming it's still my normal £40 which is what I charge for picking him up (as a favour) at 8pm and keeping him til she arrives at 7 am.

It doesn't feel like enough for what I'm doing for them this week... leaving my own house for three nights but not sure...

What would you charge or would you leave it? (She's on tax credit but I give her back what she doesnt use so she is owed some due to half term)

ja xx

jadavi
26-02-2012, 06:46 PM
re-posting this as I need an answer in an hour lol

ja xx

catminder
26-02-2012, 06:53 PM
If you're changing terms of contract ie caring for child at their house, then you would of course need to review what to charge. I would agree that you should possibly want to charge more to reflect this. I wouldn't think parent could complain under the circumstances as you are doing her a big favour.

wendywu
26-02-2012, 07:10 PM
I would add another £10 per night if you really want to do it.

I like my own bed too much :)

jadavi
26-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Thank you Wenywu, if she offers I'l do that.

cheers

muffins
26-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Yes I would charge abit extra maybe £50! BUT a big BUT you do realise that by doing it in her house you are not working as a childminder & not registeres by ofsted to do so! Therefor she cant legally claim tax credits towards it! Sorry to put a dampner on it!