PDA

View Full Version : childcare vouchers

suzy:-)
26-02-2012, 05:29 PM
hi , i have heard of these voucers but never delt with any ,can anyone help me , new parents have asked if i take them didn.t want to sound daft so i said i did and now i dont have a clue lol
thanks x x
:panic:

AliceK
26-02-2012, 05:46 PM
It's really easy. There are a few different childcare voucher companies. Ask the parents which one they use. You then register with that company, usually by sending them a copy of your Ofsted certificate. The parent can then pay a max of 243 out of their wages into their "account" every month and then they authorise the payment to your childcare number and the money goes straight into your bank account. It usually takes 3 days after the parent authorises the payment for it to show in your bank. All my parents use them so I'm registered with most of them.

xxxxx

suzy:-)
26-02-2012, 05:55 PM
thanks for your reply, parent is going to set up her end , i suppose i have to give my bank details , what happened to good old cash or cheque
so there not being funded then ? it seems to me a bit of a pain , no ?

Shamai
26-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Hi I accept Fidelti Childcare Vouchers from one of my parents and all I had to do was register online with them with my Ofsted registration number, bank details and the money goes into my bank within 2 days. I'm very happy with the vouchers and, like you, was a bit wary at first! I think most of the voucher companies are fine and also it works out better for the parents. x

flowerpots
26-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Its really easy hun, the parents use them because it means they can pay you from their tax free earnings. the parents will set up there end, you call the company and set up your end and then you both 'link' by giving reg numbers. xxx

Carol M
26-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Other than bank transfer direct from parent theese are the best way to get paid I think. As long as the parents authorise them in time for your payment date, some voucher companies seem to take longer.
I think it is a good selling point for us as we can accept vouchers just like all registered settings, and if both parents can join their employers scheme they can save a fair bit.
Carol xx

catminder
26-02-2012, 06:40 PM
I get paid via 'computershare' vouchers and it works fine

Bluebell
26-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Does the registration process take a long time? I have a parent who will be using vouchers so I will need to register too!

Rosy Days
26-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi, no doesn't take long at all, I've registered with about 3 different voucher companies over the years and never had any problems with timescales on setting up, really quick. :)