PDA

View Full Version : Worst EVER new parent meet!

muffins
26-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Had some new parents visit for the 1st time this morning! My own 2 LOs couldn't have been worst behaved if they'd tried:angry: . At one point I had the parents trying to speak to me with my son having a tantrum because he wanted something out that was in a draw that was stuck shut, and my daughter wondering down the hall shouting for me with a hand full of toilet tissue and her tights round her ankles:panic::panic::panic:

However they want to sign tomo:eek::clapping::clapping:

I'm so stressed right now I dont whether to laugh or cry, but I do know I need a cuppa:D

guest3
26-02-2012, 11:35 AM
You must have done something right Muffins ;);)

kindredspirits
26-02-2012, 12:04 PM
lol i've had meetings like this - i think parents know that kids are just kids - the only ones that don't sign after seeing my own kids play up are those with little babies who are yet to experience kids really being kids! lol

sarah707
26-02-2012, 12:49 PM
My ds used to be a nightmare! :rolleyes: He's much better now I can threaten him with loss of phone credit :laughing:

Well done getting the signing. They must have been impressed with your coping skills! :D

flowerpots
26-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Well done muffins! :clapping: i always 'get rid' of my 2 on 1st parent visits, its my worst nightmare that they misbehave whilst a new parent here. :rolleyes:

muffins
26-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Well done muffins! :clapping: i always 'get rid' of my 2 on 1st parent visits, its my worst nightmare that they misbehave whilst a new parent here. :rolleyes:

Yes thats what I usually do but thought I'd be brave this time! Maybe wont do that again:laughing:

VeggieSausage
26-02-2012, 02:17 PM
yes my dd is usually appalling, glad not just me, I make sure she's not around now!!

catminder
26-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Well done, you obviously coped well and impressed the parents :thumbsup:

The Juggler
26-02-2012, 03:04 PM
:laughing::laughing: lol poor you. those are sometimes the best kind of meetings. if parents think you can cope with that then they think you can cope with anything ;) I reckon parents who think that is weird probably wouldn't work well with you anyhow :thumbsup:

Tatjana
26-02-2012, 03:22 PM
:laughing:LOL!!:laughing: Sorry but that is so funny!!:laughing:

Well done on getting the contract...maybe they thought their lo will fit right in lol!! :thumbsup:

I had a parent meeting yesterday and confined my lot upstairs with hubby with instructions to make sure they didn't make it sound like they were about to come through the ceiling!

onceinabluemoon
26-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Well done! They've seen things not so great and signed so think how impressed they will be when they realise they have a fab minder :)

blue bear
26-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Well done x

tas
26-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Well done! they must have been very impressed with how you coped under pressure :)

My own was a little horror when parents visited, I dreaded it so much that I ended up arranging evening visits so he was always in bed and asleep!

barbarella68
26-02-2012, 09:21 PM
I can remember once when a parent came my son was 4 and he took an instant dislike to the little boy they brought he said he didn't like him,I said of course you do he said no I don't he's really ugly and has stupid eyes.I was so embarrassed. But do you know what they signed up:) and the 2 boys became really good friends they actually live 2 doors away from us now.

candy cat
26-02-2012, 09:43 PM
my daughter p'd on my new sofa ....2nd day of potty training.....mum was so impressed I hadn't killed her :eek:.....she signed next day lol

Demonjill
26-02-2012, 10:03 PM
:laughing:sorry but had to laugh:D

Well done though:thumbsup:

muffins
27-02-2012, 12:18 AM
:laughing:sorry but had to laugh:D

Well done though:thumbsup:

:laughing:Yes I can laugh now too:laughing:

Jelly Baby
27-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Lol well done!! Just think next time you have new parents round it can't get much worse!! Enjoy your cuppa x

RedDragon
27-02-2012, 09:53 AM
big well done :)

I remember a set of parents coming to see me once and it was the day after we had bought a rescue cat - just before the parents arrived the TOM cat did something in the corner that wasn't of this earth :panic:

they didn't sign and I often see 1 of the parents (she blanks me) and I wonder if she thinks "That's the CM with the stinky house" :D