PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have variations?

vix84
27-05-2008, 08:50 AM
As Im still waiting for mindee's thought Id make good use of my time - if I disapear its because they have decided to arrive lol!

In sept. I will have my baby about 12 weeks and plan to return to C.minding for 2 new mindee's- one just over 12 months, and one almost 12 months - so will have to apply for 2 under 1's for that one month. (One child is only here for half days so I am sure that is fine!)

Just wondered if others have variations for under 5's becuase at some point next year my brother may ask me to mind his baby - but my baby will still be under 1.
And if I still have other 2 mindee's, on a couple of days I may have to ask for a variation to have my baby about 10/11 months old, brothers baby about 6 months old, and the 2 mindees about 18 months old.
So 4 under 5's, is this ever possible?!

It may only be a case of on one day, or maximum 3 - otherwise I may have to let one mindee go for my brothers lo:(

berkschick
27-05-2008, 09:26 AM
I have a variation for 4 under 5 for 2 mornings a week.

But they are 2 x 2, 1 x 18 months and 3 ( well nearly 4) years old. I had to show how I could still get out and about with them all and care for them all.

I have a triple buggy and the 3 year old walks everywhere. I was granted this as the 2 year olds are twins and I only took one on to start with but then Mum wanted me to have both.

OFSTED will only grant a variation for continuation of care or a sibling but not for new business.

Also, you are asking for 2 variations, one for 2 under 1 and another for 4 under 5, well actually you are asking for 4 under 18 months.

To be honest, I dont think they will grant you one as all the children are so young and they would worry about how you would get them all out of the house in an emergancy etc.

But things do change so dont panic just yet, you might have a vacancy after all and then you have worried for nothing!

berkschick
27-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Also, how many do you have in the 5 - 8? They will NEVER allow you to have more than a total of 6 under 8, including your own children.

fionamal
27-05-2008, 09:47 AM
I wouldnt do this personnally, You would be a prisoner in your own home on the days you have them. You wouldnt be able to get them out and about as all 4 of them would need to be in a buggy.

Probably not what you want to hear but you have to be practical.

vix84
27-05-2008, 12:40 PM
I think I would probably be house bound for the mornings untill the 18mth old mindee goes at 2 o'clock! Its all a long way away and things do change - so will just wait and see.
the 2 mindees just over a year will only be here 3 days a week, so maybe I will see if on the other 2 days I could have my brothers baby and my own. Otherwise I think it will be too much for me anyway - cant please everyone! Wouldnt be so bad if they were a bit older could walk further on reins etc.

Good point also, about asking for 2 variations, didnt think of that!

This is my first baby, so I would only have mindees and my own baby so within the overall permitted numbers of mindee's - just potentially need a variation for September to have 2 under 1's untill lo turns 1 the following month.

So when I have my baby, am I then asking for a variation, or just a change in registration details - ie. instead of being allowed 5 mindees, 3 under 5, 1 under 1, it will read 5 mindees, 2 under 5's?

berkschick
27-05-2008, 01:11 PM
I dont think you will have a problem getting a variation for the 2 under 1 once your own baby is born as it is for continuation of care and is only for a month.

Your certificate will say something like may care for 2 under 5 except for on XXXday between the hours of XX and XX when may care for 1 under one and 1 under 5 as named in the letter dated XXXX. It will only say one under 1 as the other under 1 will be taken up with your LO.

I have successfully applied for 2 variations so if I can help you with your letter, let me know :D

Banana
27-05-2008, 01:15 PM
I have a variation for 4 under 5 2 days a week.

Personally I wont be applying for another one once this one has run its course, its just too much, Its only one extra child but it really makes a difference when they are under 5!

x

vix84
27-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I dont think you will have a problem getting a variation for the 2 under 1 once your own baby is born as it is for continuation of care and is only for a month.

Your certificate will say something like may care for 2 under 5 except for on XXXday between the hours of XX and XX when may care for 1 under one and 1 under 5 as named in the letter dated XXXX. It will only say one under 1 as the other under 1 will be taken up with your LO.

I have successfully applied for 2 variations so if I can help you with your letter, let me know :D

Thanks, I wont need to now though after all that! The parent with the child who would have 11 months, cancelled today. She was supposed to visit next week but rang today as she found someone last week who is closer..... but on a positive, my mindee who is 2 wants to come back September few days a week, so now I have space for him!
And it will be much easier to have my baby, a 12 month old and a 26 month old! She cant commit - ie - pay deposit etc. but she sounds keen for him to return so I said ring in August to see if I have a space still!

flora
27-05-2008, 06:14 PM
I have a variation for 4 under 5 for 2 mornings a week.

But they are 2 x 2, 1 x 18 months and 3 ( well nearly 4) years old. I had to show how I could still get out and about with them all and care for them all.

I have a triple buggy and the 3 year old walks everywhere. I was granted this as the 2 year olds are twins and I only took one on to start with but then Mum wanted me to have both.

OFSTED will only grant a variation for continuation of care or a sibling but not for new business.
Also, you are asking for 2 variations, one for 2 under 1 and another for 4 under 5, well actually you are asking for 4 under 18 months.

To be honest, I dont think they will grant you one as all the children are so young and they would worry about how you would get them all out of the house in an emergancy etc.

But things do change so dont panic just yet, you might have a vacancy after all and then you have worried for nothing!

Where I am I was granted a variation for a new client.

Think with Ofsted it's just a write and apply and then wait and see.

Michelle M
27-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I have a variation only just been granted it within the last month, I have my own daughters 14 months and 7 years. I care for a 2 and half year old, afternoons only and I have a brother and sister, boy 2 on Friday and his sister is 8 months, its hard going :) my Certificate shows that the variation is only for the afternoon times of the overlap which is 4 days for 3.5 hours every day, I was surprised that Ofsted agreed to it I have to say, glad obviously and I hadnt been caring for the boy for long. Good luck :)