PDA

View Full Version : Citroen C8

Monkey26
25-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone drive a C8?? Do they rate it?? Pros and cons??

Oh and the big question... Has anyone had the two back seats replaced with a three seat bench?? If so, can you fit and access three child seats there??

Thanks in advance :-) xx

Playmate
25-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I drive one :D

Personally I love it and I'm on my second one. I drove a chrysler voyger before and my hubby drives a Zaffira, but the C8 is just miles nicer to drive. Not sure about replacing the back 2 seats because I didn't know you could, but would be interested to know. Currently I have 2 fixed seats in the back and one in the middle of the middle row, with high back boosters either side.

Monkey26
25-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks for your reply playmate - yes you can replace 2 boot seats for a 3 seat bench, I've read up about it and there are some for sale in eBay that have already been done - I currently drive a grand scenic but now need 8 seats although I don't want to go down the 'bus' route as I still want it to be a family CAR!!!

Any other feedback greatly received :-) xx

BuggsieMoo
26-02-2012, 07:12 AM
I drive one and I love it. It was the car I got after passing my test and ive never not liked it. x

Monkey26
26-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Thank you BuggsieMoo x

Noodles
26-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I had a love hate relationship with my c8.
i loved it to drive and for space but hated how much it cost when it decided to go wrong.
they have major problems with their turbo (diesel cars) and cost a fortune if you are unlucky enough to have one that goes wrong. our turbo went twice, first time just out of warrenty and citroen customer service are awful. wouldnt help at all.
good luck if u do get one :)

~Chelle~
26-02-2012, 08:25 PM
We have one and I love it.

I wanted to save to get the rear bench, but they are pricey so if you can find an 8 seater, I would go for it.

We have the diesel and touch wood, haven't had any problems with it, apart from after I wash it, I have to put a bit of WD40 where the rear doors open other wise they stick sometimes.

Lovely spacious car to drive :)

Playmate
26-02-2012, 10:27 PM
We have one and I love it.

I wanted to save to get the rear bench, but they are pricey so if you can find an 8 seater, I would go for it.

We have the diesel and touch wood, haven't had any problems with it, apart from after I wash it, I have to put a bit of WD40 where the rear doors open other wise they stick sometimes.
Lovely spacious car to drive :)

Lol, I don't have that problem because I don't wash it :laughing:

I didn't know about the turbo thing and I have had 2 diesals, mind you I lease mine so have them from new and then replace after 2-3 years.

aly
27-02-2012, 10:41 AM
I had a love hate relationship with my c8.
i loved it to drive and for space but hated how much it cost when it decided to go wrong.
they have major problems with their turbo (diesel cars) and cost a fortune if you are unlucky enough to have one that goes wrong. our turbo went twice, first time just out of warrenty and citroen customer service are awful. wouldnt help at all.
good luck if u do get one :)

Same here...I lved my c8, raved about it on here, but then when it went wrong....it went wrong...no way to pay for it so got £1000 for it and got a galaxy.

I loved the space, could fit loads in the boot, had the graco travel system and a single buggy and shopping just in the back!!.

QualityCare
27-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Lovely to drive but very very expensive when it went wrong

Monkey26
27-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Oh ladies this post started off so positive... hmmm!!! x