PDA

View Full Version : once again conflicting info

jadavi
25-02-2012, 04:54 PM
My DO told me to download a copy of the SEN code of practise as you could not get them any more.
Today on my diploma course the course tutor said you could still send off for a hard copy and a course colleague said she got a red on RAG for not having a hard copy...

When I tried to order one I was not successful.

Any ideas?

sarah707
25-02-2012, 04:57 PM
No I don't think you can get them - almost everything has been out of print since the new government came along and started changing it all.

i have a copy I downloaded - I suppose I could print but it's quite long.

You only legally need a copy if you offer the funded sessions anyway.

Ho hum another inconsistency :rolleyes: We battle on :D

blue bear
25-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Why does it need to be a hard copy, as long as it's readily accessible can't see why a down loaded copy isn't just as good?

uf353432
25-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Well I offer funded places and I can't get a copy - I have to use the downloaded one as reference if I need it. I'm pretty sure that they don't print it anymore fullstop - regardless of whether you are funded or not - therefore legally I think you just need access to it - rather than having your own copy.

jadavi
25-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Ooo I wish my couirse tutor was on this forum ...she was so smug about it humf!!!!!!
thanks guys xx

Sarahbelle
25-02-2012, 05:37 PM
I've just finished my accreditation course. This came up on the course and they said it was only available for download but when I went on to the website I found I could order a hard copy and it was FREE. And it came within a week.

Twinkle-Toes
25-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I've just finished my accreditation course. This came up on the course and they said it was only available for download but when I went on to the website I found I could order a hard copy and it was FREE. And it came within a week.

Which site was this? :)

BuggsieMoo
25-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Was just about to ask the same x

The Juggler
25-02-2012, 06:46 PM
why would you get marked down for not having a hard copy - it's huge :panic::panic: as long as you read and refer to it. I would def. argue that point hon :panic:

linda2girls
25-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm accredited and didn't realise we should have a copy.

Where can I view one - in case I'm ever asked?

Thanks,
Linda.

chez
25-02-2012, 10:07 PM
My DO told me to download a copy of the SEN code of practise as you could not get them any more.
Today on my diploma course the course tutor said you could still send off for a hard copy and a course colleague said she got a red on RAG for not having a hard copy...

When I tried to order one I was not successful.

Any ideas?

you were on the same course as me! I was so confused

blue bear
25-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Try department of education publications and search for sen code if practice, hard copy option is on the left.

flowerpots
26-02-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm accredited and didn't realise we should have a copy.

Where can I view one - in case I'm ever asked?

Thanks,
Linda.

Me too. :panic:

catminder
26-02-2012, 02:25 PM
You may be able to find a copy on ebay possibly hth