PDA

View Full Version : What is YOUR favourite resource?

mindingmummy08
25-02-2012, 07:21 AM
I love my business, I love buying for the children and setting it all out, I spend hours thinking of things I want and how I'll use them! Its like christmas as a child!

My favourite resource is Happy Land, I can't get enough of it and every time I go in the ELC I have to avoid the section because I want it all! I love watching them play with it, changing their voices and setting it out, playing out scenarios (my son mostly plays out the little old lady being run over by the train and all the animals getting out of the zoo)

I want a new wooden kitchen and accesories, I literally dream I'm going to get them but can't justify them just yet.

What's your favourite resource you own or would like to own? I got a sand and water table a few weeks back with my birthday money and I was so happy presenting it monday morning.

waterwaybabies
25-02-2012, 08:31 AM
at the moment a wooden dolls house is favourite [with me and the kids]

its very plain, no paint at all [furniture plain too] but it gets used on a daily basis for so many things.

the kids have kept the wooden nativity set out from christmas so all the biblical characters live in the house with wooden astronauts and pirates. the baby "cheesus";) has been on so many adventures lately.
so lovely to watch them make use of it all.xxx

would love to get a wooden marble run next and a playhouse for outside.x

lulubelle
25-02-2012, 09:12 AM
I love wooden toys, the kitchen and brio type trains get used constantly! Also got some hexie snaps yesterday which a nursery nurse friend recommended and the kids loved them and I had fun too!

mindingmummy08
25-02-2012, 10:52 AM
I have a wooden dolls house for my little girl it is so simple and lovely and I cant wait till shes ready to play with it. At the moment its sat nicely in her bedroom.

Over christmas I saw in m&s a soft material dolls house like a cushion I guess with rooms in, lol bad description. Anyway it had soft material furniture too and I so wish I'd bought it as it would be brilliant for little ones. I'm sure it was on 3 for 2. I wans't working at the time though and sooo poor I couldn't justify it having the wooden one waiting to be opened christmas morning.

Just looking up hexie snaps now, added to wish list lol.

lulubelle
25-02-2012, 12:52 PM
I have a wooden dolls house for my little girl it is so simple and lovely and I cant wait till shes ready to play with it. At the moment its sat nicely in her bedroom.

Over christmas I saw in m&s a soft material dolls house like a cushion I guess with rooms in, lol bad description. Anyway it had soft material furniture too and I so wish I'd bought it as it would be brilliant for little ones. I'm sure it was on 3 for 2. I wans't working at the time though and sooo poor I couldn't justify it having the wooden one waiting to be opened christmas morning.

Just looking up hexie snaps now, added to wish list lol.

i was suprised that even the 5 year old loved them! i was using them to encourage his maths yesterday by counting how many he needed etc and adding them up!

singingcactus
25-02-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm torn between my mud kitchen and my percussion wall. Can't say one without the other cos they share equipment, pans and pots hang on the wall for banging, then they become pots and pans for cooking and smushing and mixing.

The Juggler
25-02-2012, 01:34 PM
my fave because it excites my current children so much is my castle smallworld. previously it has been teh sandpit and trainset.

however, my most useful, fave resource which over the years gets more use than any other is probably my toy kitchen/home corner area which was worth every penny of every resource and entertains all the children from under 1 to 10!:laughing::laughing:

PixiePetal
25-02-2012, 04:25 PM
i love the wooden dolls house - always wanted one when I as a child

but mindees at the moment love Gruffalo soft toys and we have adventures with those so fun to play too

jadavi
25-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I love lots of my toys but what is always used more than anything else is playdoh and the machines you push it thru...

I'm looking for some sort of linking toy as the moment - chains or something as I have a little one who loves chains...any ideas?

loocyloo
25-02-2012, 05:05 PM
i love all my fisher price little people and all their bits & bobs. the LO spend hours with them, currently have the dinosaurs from the animal box living in the house :D

i also have a pull along fish that i just love. oh, and my 'frog in a box'

jo f
25-02-2012, 06:16 PM
The resource that the little ones always enjoy are shoe boxes with holes in to post dry pasta through and one with slots to post cards through ( i use the disney picture ones we collected from Morrisons a while ago) they love them!!! I think I got the idea from someone on here!

I do like my Ikea play kitchen, although its used for allsorts! lately my after schoolies have been using it as high school lockers!

wooden blocks get made into all sorts and love fabrics and huge pegs, endless possabilities!!!

muffins
25-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I love lots of my toys but what is always used more than anything else is playdoh and the machines you push it thru...

I'm looking for some sort of linking toy as the moment - chains or something as I have a little one who loves chains...any ideas?

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Textured-Linkies/dp/B002P8G72A

These are good for making chains with! You can get larger, cheaper packs in Asda!:thumbsup:

singingcactus
25-02-2012, 10:25 PM
http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Textured-Linkies/dp/B002P8G72A

These are good for making chains with! You can get larger, cheaper packs in Asda!:thumbsup:

We have loads of these link'n'learn (http://www.learningresources.com/product/teachers/shop+by+category/early+skill+development/patterns%2C+sorting%2C+-+lacing/link+--39-n--39-+learn--174-+rainbow+links+in+a+bucket%2C+set+of+1000.do?sortb y=&) but of course when I want to show someone I cannot find an english link for it!!
Anyway, all the kids have great fun with them, making patterns blah blah but mostly chaining doors shut, tying friends up, making monkey tails etc.

Cassie
26-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Dressing up clothes for older mindees...and home corner stuff(kitchen,shops,dolls) for the younger ones...

catminder
26-02-2012, 06:44 PM
My duplo box is probably best used resource I have

jadavi
26-02-2012, 06:53 PM
SingingCactus we had those when we lived in Pa when the kids were little and only yesterday we were chuckling over a pic of my daughter when she was 3 tied by her neck with them...their absolutely fave game was 'you are my slave for the day' lol but bear in mind this was home educating not child minding!! (which doesn't sound much better does it haha) but at least it was with my kids and not other peoples......

I dont know where you'd get them here...anyone know???