PDA

View Full Version : First Parent Visit Over

melco
24-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Hi,

Just had my first parent visit, they seemed very nice and they asked a few questions but it seems like she is trying to find a childminder that does not charge if her is sick! She did when she called that her child was sick a lot and she was paying a lot for him to be in nursery when he wasn't there. I had a sickness policy for them to read and explained that if the child was off sick they would need to pay but if I or my children were sick or if I was on holiday then she would not need to pay. I know childminders offer the same thing as its a business so you can not offer to not charge when the child is sick but just thinking whether I said the right thing!! What does anyone else think?

wendywu
24-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Yes this is correct. But i always point out to parents that i do not exclude nearly so much as a nursery does.

A nursery will exclude for a teething nappy, for a really bad cold, if a baby vomits back some of its milk. They will take any opportunity to exclude.

So a minder is a better bet for this mum and when you have holiday she will not pay, while a nursery may charge all year. :)

melco
24-02-2012, 08:14 PM
I did say that she does not have to pay if I am away or sick so I still think it works out better for her but will wait and see. Thanks

Tatjana
29-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Yes you said the right thing....especially as this lo is sick alot, you'd be losing out on so much money and it's not really fair on you as your service is available.

AliceK
29-02-2012, 09:42 PM
I think she will be hard pushed to find a childminder who doesn't charge for childs sickness.

xxx