PDA

View Full Version : Childcare vouchers-overpayments

appleblossom
24-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Good evening everyone.

I wonder if anyone can answer a query I have?

I have a mindee whose fees are paid by Childcare vouchers. Both Mum and Dad pay by this method. This mindee is leaving me at the end of March. Parents pay on 1st of month for full month.

There is a chance that I will have to have some time off in March but not definite. The Mum wants to pay me in full and says we can just sort it out if I have to refund. However I think I can't refund fees paid by voucher can I?

The parents won't be using vouchers after mindee leaves me as the Mum is leaving work. She wants to use up the payments she has made into the voucher scheme before she leaves. She is looking for another job and hopes to bring LO back to me if she gets one; but that is an unknown.

Hope someone can advise. Thanks.

Twinkles
24-02-2012, 06:38 PM
You can't refund any money to mum if she's paid in vouchers. You have to refund the vouchers to the voucher company and they will refund mum minus tax.

caz3007
24-02-2012, 06:39 PM
You arent allowed to refund as they havent paid tax on the payments. I had a mum leave and I believe she got a refund via the voucher company but she said it wasnt easy and she had to argue about it

appleblossom
24-02-2012, 07:00 PM
She has already paid the balance in her CC voucher account to me today. She always pays the maximum she's allowed to each month. Then Dad tops it up with his up to the amount I have invoiced.

Dad hasn't paid his yet as I made an error on the invoice (undercharged) so he was waiting until I had recalculated. I could tell him not to pay me anything until I know if I need time off. Then he can pay me what is owing. He can keep any balance left in his account until they need registered care again. Mum is working one day a week after March but Grandma is having LO on that day as they can't afford to pay me for the day.

rickysmiths
24-02-2012, 10:23 PM
No you would be committing Fraud if you refunded any money paid to you in Vouchers direct to the parent because they haven't paid any Income Tax or NI on the payment. It must be returned to the Voucher Company.

miffy
24-02-2012, 10:51 PM
I could tell him not to pay me anything until I know if I need time off. Then he can pay me what is owing. He can keep any balance left in his account until they need registered care again.

That would seem the best option :thumbsup:

Miffy xx