PDA

View Full Version : Can I let someone take a look?

Becci26
24-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Hi, after my first week with new mindee I have done my first observation.

I have spent the whole week observing and have now written detailed observations including pictures and links to the eyfs. I am yet to do next steps but before I started on this would quite like to share with someone to make sure I am on the right track and point me in the right direction if not.

Am I allowed to share with anybody and if so is anybody willing to have a look over it and feedback to me please?

jadavi
24-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes I'll happily have a look if you'd like to emAIL me xx

sarah707
24-02-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm happy to have a look if you would like. Pm me for my email :D

Becci26
24-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks ladies! I'll get onto that shortly, just tied up at the mo xx

JCrakers
25-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Sounds good :D

My piece of advice would be because ive got 6 ey children is to keep them short and sweet otherwise you just might get swamped if you have more than one child.
When I did my NNEB we had to do a full size of A4 observation and when I started minding I was doing half a side but this has soon cut itself down to 2-3 sentences :D

sarah707
25-02-2012, 08:39 AM
You are doing a fab job Becci! Those are great initial observations.

Now focus on one area of learning at a time and consider how you can support the child in the future.

You have a brilliant baseline from which to work as JCrakers says you don't need to write that much any more you can cut them down to a few sentences when you spot something new happening or to show how you have extended his learning.

Well done you! :clapping: