PDA

View Full Version : a bit annoyed

disney
27-05-2008, 07:32 AM
got up early this morning for my mindee early start 7am but at 7.05 mum txt me to say she will not be coming as she is staying at her auntys meant to txt me last night but forgot and could she swop this day for thursday .thursday is a day she is not contracted for .dont want to sound like a moaning so and so but if she had let me know a little sooner i could have probably done this

i luckily do have a place so yes i could swop but a bit :( as for today i have turned a child away but now i have a place left for today that i cant fill at short notice .dont know now how to charge her . i think i could do it one of 3 ways 1) charge her full price & not have her child

2) charge her full price have child & extra day on top

3) charge her normall price swop the day & have the child

sorry im not very good at wording what i mean . also im sorry its a money problem again . cant do the money thing thats why i like contract signed and money the same each week dont like swopping days arrrrrrrrrr help x

angeldelight
27-05-2008, 07:33 AM
That was rude of her to let you know so late

I have had parents do that before though

If you really do not want the child Thursday then tell her that you cant

She must still pay for today though because its her contracted day

Do what you want to do !!!

Angel xx

crazybones
27-05-2008, 07:35 AM
I think I would do like Angel. Say you cant do Thursday at such short notice and then charge today as normal. Maybe she will get the hint then that she needs to speak to you sooner if she wants to mess you about.

squiggle
27-05-2008, 07:41 AM
i had a parent do this last week. she texted me at half five in the morning wanting to swap a day. i turned my phone of as i wasn't impressed about her texting at that time. I rang her when i got up (and woke her up!!) and told her she couldn't swap days like that and could pay for an extra day if she wanted to.

Parents!!

i would tell her she has to pay for an extra day

Jen x

katickles
27-05-2008, 07:55 AM
I would charge in full for today - definatly & if she wants Thursday charge as extra. Sounds like she wants to change the day to get her monies worth - iyswim?
:)

Pipsqueak
27-05-2008, 07:57 AM
I would go the Option A route! She has chosen not to use the contracted space and asked for an uncontracted date - charge full whack for both.

You have two lifelines left - you have used the asked the audience, you have remaining - phone a friend and 50/50:D ;)

RedDragon
27-05-2008, 08:07 AM
It's tough the 1st time you do this with each parent but if you don't then they will assume they can do it all the time. I would say no to Thursday but charge the usual rate although the child didn't come to you on the allotted day.

This has happened a few times - I would prefer to be strong/tough for a couple of minutes either face to face, by phone or even easier via text rather than be annoyed ever time it happens in the future.

wendywu
27-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Just say that no you cannot SWAP the day, but she can book an EXTRA day if she likes.:)

vix84
27-05-2008, 08:17 AM
I would charge normally for todays that she didnt use, as she is contracted for that, plus I would charge for the Thursday - otherwise if you let her swap and not charge for the thursday then she may try to do this again in the furture.
I think youll find that she must expect to pay for the missed day and the extra.

Im getting tough with this sort of thing now with new mindee's, I am flexible, but this has caused problems before with my first mindees.
My new rules for new mindee's are now:
Charge overtime rate for extra days that aren't contracted for, unless arranged well in advance
Parents MUST ring if they are going to be 20 minutes earlier or later than usual - even within contracted hours. (Im still sitting here waiting for 2 mindees - one rang at 9 to say will be there for 9:30 - usually in at 8:30, and the other isnt here yet and is usually here at 8:50! It is half term so I expected it though - but still didnt get a lie in as I didnt know!)
And I am putting notices up about 'please take your shoes off in the hallway' as Im now having to get my carpets cleaned as I always told them not to worry!

Sorry - rambled on there - def. charge for both!:)

RedDragon
27-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Regarding the shoes I always say "Can you take your shoes off, the children play on the carpet and I like to keep it clean".

I really wish people in schools would take their outdoor shoes off and put indoor ones on.

vix84
27-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Regarding the shoes I always say "Can you take your shoes off, the children play on the carpet and I like to keep it clean".

I really wish people in schools would take their outdoor shoes off and put indoor ones on.

Thats my intention - Im always too quick to say 'oh dont worry' about things like that automatically without thinking it through:panic: The ammount of times Ive had payments about a week late and Ive said 'oh dont worry' or the times when they bring earlier than contracted or pick up late and I dont charge or say anything! But they are lovely parents and would be so embarrased if I mentioned it! I need to toughen up though!

May start doing a newsleter and putting little things like that in!

disney
27-05-2008, 09:32 AM
have txt mum dont like txting but she txt me so i decided to send a message back . have said im sorry but i dont have a place for thurs and that it is too late to change any thing now. she txt back and said ok and thanks

its just that i also had plans for thurs i only have really taken into account for the ones i new i was having and tried to tell mum that i need a bit more notice if days need changing and that i would probably consider it for emergincies. felt bad because i do have a space really and i have LIED:eek:

but when we signed the contract mum said she couldnt aford to be contracted for thurs and family would help as you can see her sister had her today but cant have her thursday . but i cant keep on swopping the days to suit really as this is the secound time i would have done it and if i dont stop it now i think it will carry on also letting me know this morning when she already new yesterday i feel is bad mannered x

Blaze
27-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Well done...am very proud of you for being tough!:clapping:

angeldelight
27-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Hope you made it clear she still need to pay you for today

I dont blame you for not changing your plans

This parent was just trying it on thinking that if she could change her days she would only have to pay for Thursday - cheeky so and so

Good luck

Angel xx

deeb66
27-05-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't blame you for not changing your plans either......I certainly wouldn't have done.

If she had shown a little more consideration and given you more notice then that would have been a different matter but letting you know this morning was extremely rude and thoughtless!

berkschick
27-05-2008, 10:02 AM
I would charge her in full bith for today and Thursday!

miss muffit
27-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Good for you:) maybe next time she will arrange it differently with plenty of warning, :)

Mollymop
27-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Well done for being so firm! I hope you are still gonna charge her for not bring the lo in x

disney
27-05-2008, 12:02 PM
she knows she has to pay when her child does not attend so she had better pay because she has got away with a fair bit in he past and i have had words before and wont have it any more :thumbsup: so i will let you know when she pays x

foxy lady
27-05-2008, 12:07 PM
i think you have done the right thing perhaps she will let you no sooner next time:laughing:

sue32
27-05-2008, 12:26 PM
You could inform her that if she had let u know in time, you would have swoped but she still has to pay you for today. If she needs to change times and dates at any time then you need 4 weeks notice other wise you are unable to help, unless it is an emerency

Polly2
27-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Good girl for being tough - she will soon learn and she is not to know you have a space so don't worry about it.

You did the right thing x

disney
27-05-2008, 03:53 PM
thanks girls im not in the habit of lying and didnt really like doing it but often im honest & usualy gets me into trouble so their :p x

Michelle M
27-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Well done for being firm, I would like to think I would be strong and do the same but I know I wouldnt :blush:

tulip0803
27-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Well done for being strong and sticking to your guns:) .

disney
27-05-2008, 09:31 PM
pipsqueak you have made me laugh so much ! just what i needed . by the way i dont need to phone a friend when i have you guys:clapping: x