PDA

View Full Version : Child friendly paint - for out doors

Helcatt
24-02-2012, 12:16 PM
We have access to a new "community" garden, where our street meets another street. Only residents can get keys. We even have a little plot of land that we are planting things in!

I am planning to buy a little wooden wendy house that we can leave there. And would like to make a project of painting it with the children. Thinking roughly that their hand prints can make leaves and flowers all around the sides

Something that all children in the two streets can use and a nice little advert for the business

Anyway, I don't know where to start in terms of sorting paint. Obviously I need something that is permanent but what are the options for child friendly - seeing as I want hand prints etc?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hx

blue bear
24-02-2012, 12:25 PM
We used normal childrens paint and put outdoor varnish on to seal it from the weather.

Helcatt
24-02-2012, 12:28 PM
That was the other option I had in my head - the paint didn't run/smear when you varnished it? That was my concern.

HX

blue bear
24-02-2012, 01:06 PM
No didn't run or smear just make sure it's really dry, we did it in a hot day. Maybe try round the back first to test it out?

Helcatt
26-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanks, think we'll try this way. I wanted to do a wall at our house (in the garden), with hand prints of all the children but lack of child safe permanent paint always the issue

Hx