PDA

View Full Version : What do you give for snacks?

VeggieSausage
24-02-2012, 09:37 AM
I give bread sticks, bananas, other fruit, biscuits (generally at groups), sometimes crumpets......does anyone else do anything more interesting?

Angela234
24-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Fruit
toast
crumpets
crackers
plain biscuit/cake we have baked
raisins/saltanas
sometimes veg sticks

These are the main things we have

mumto2
24-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I give bread sticks, bananas, other fruit, biscuits (generally at groups), sometimes crumpets......does anyone else do anything more interesting?

That all sounds good to me. I sometimes give them those ready made lemon and raisin pancakes you can get, or cheese sticks/cubes. I sometimes give the older ones a cereal bar or little bit of popcron, but generally speaking what you give yours, is about all I give mine!!! Maybe if they're old enough ask them what they would like? (within reason, obviously!)

flowerpots
24-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Fruit
toast
crumpets
crackers
plain biscuit/cake we have baked
raisins/saltanas
sometimes veg sticks

These are the main things we have

Pretty much the same. :thumbsup:

blue bear
24-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Hot cross buns are a favourite at the moment, I also give yogurt and sometimes I freeze ripe bananas (not black and already peeled before going in freezer) and while still frozen put them in the blender, looks and tastes like banana ice-cream, children love it even those that don't eat banana.

The Juggler
24-02-2012, 01:35 PM
crumpets/toast/all sorts of fruits

Tatjana
24-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Same as most mentioned but also olives.

loocyloo
24-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Hot cross buns are a favourite at the moment, I also give yogurt and sometimes I freeze ripe bananas (not black and already peeled before going in freezer) and while still frozen put them in the blender, looks and tastes like banana ice-cream, children love it even those that don't eat banana.

:D i slice the banana into 'pennies' and freeze them ... the children love them and they melt in the mouth like icecream! ( i have a 'non fruit eater' who will eat thse all day if allowed !!! :D ) i also freeze cut up grapes.

Twinkle-Toes
24-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Mine all love malt loaf too :)

babs
24-02-2012, 03:48 PM
cheese and crackers, strawberrys,raspberrys,blueberrys,grapes,banana,lu mps of cheese, cheese dippers,cucumber sticks , carrot sticks,bread sticks, toasted teacakes,crumpets,dried fruits rasins etc, toast, yoguct. thats just general snacks .. snacks after school all of above filled wraps, soup and roll, cheese on toast, staffordshire oatcakes and filling ( yum yum Bacon cheese n mushrooms) sorry got carried away alittle there thinking about food hungry now .. :D

dette
24-02-2012, 05:26 PM
fig rolls
crackers and jam

jadavi
24-02-2012, 05:36 PM
love the frozen fruit ideas xx

VeggieSausage
27-02-2012, 08:08 PM
love the frozen fruit ideas xx

me too,thanks everyone :)

deb thompson
27-02-2012, 10:37 PM
do you know if you can freeze blueberries? my little boy loves them more than anything but they go off so quickly (usually on offer @ 2 packs for £3) will be trying the frozen grapes and bananas this week as he loves those too, thanks for the ideas x

kel1983
28-02-2012, 07:44 AM
We are pretty lucky as we only have to supply morning snacks as the schoolies all come with a packed lunch which they eat about 4.15 and te rest of the children have a hot meal at the same time.

Morning snack is mostly fruit or breadsticks. We visit the market every wednesday and the mindees pick the fruit they want. They mostly choose bananas and apples but occasionally we managed to get them to eat something different

tess1981
28-02-2012, 10:08 AM
garlic bread and cheese on toast go down a treat :) and also with me :clapping: