PDA

View Full Version : Advice for 2 y o present ?

jadavi
23-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Any ideas for a birthday present around £10 for a two year old boy who is only interested in cars and trains but has loads. He also likes sensory metal stuff and goes round all day swinging a plug on a chain in his mouth out of the kitchen corner and handling a clunky piece of linked chain metal puzzle. Not much speech or interest in people so far. There's something obvious re the metal stuff but can't think!
Wd like to buy it on line too
Help as ever much apprec.
Ja xx

jadavi
24-02-2012, 04:24 PM
posting again in case anyone has any ideas.....

dette
24-02-2012, 05:15 PM
large horseshoe magnet

jadavi
24-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Thanks Dette thats a great idea!
:)

tash 1
24-02-2012, 06:50 PM
hi this week my two boys 7 and 11 have been playing with giant wobbly sensory balls (which I bought on Monday to add to sensory box great for gripping,bouncing,fine and gross motor skills,stimulating and balance.great for introducing catch games to build confidence and co-ordination.got them from The entertainer toy shop down to £3 think £10 in toys r us best buy in a long time!!!!!:)

jadavi
24-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks Tash, have you got a link for this?

littleelm
24-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Not really any link to your little ones interests....

but my little Nephew was two last week and I got him the picture book 'You Choose!' and it has gone down a real treat! Mum informs me he cannot get enough of the book and his speech has come on a lot because of it! It is hands down the most favourite book in my setting and EVERYONE adores it from tinies to great biggun's and even the adults!

Tatjana
24-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Not really any link to your little ones interests....

but my little Nephew was two last week and I got him the picture book 'You Choose!' and it has gone down a real treat! Mum informs me he cannot get enough of the book and his speech has come on a lot because of it! It is hands down the most favourite book in my setting and EVERYONE adores it from tinies to great biggun's and even the adults!

I've just ordered this, thank you for the idea :thumbsup: