PDA

View Full Version : themes..

Demonjill
23-02-2012, 11:01 PM
What themes do you all have on the go just now?

What themes have you got coming up?

Just need some ideas outwith(when we not doing..) mothers day,easter etc
:D

NicoleW
24-02-2012, 07:10 AM
I'm guilty of not doing anything this month whilst my newest mindee settles in!

March: Spring/flowers/baby animals. Mother's day, paddy's day
April: Easter, gardening, growing our own plants and vegetables. O's birthday
May: Minibeasts, Buddha day. H's birthday
June: St Peter and St Paul's day, transport (got loads of ideas for this one!)
July: A's birthday, a bit about Ramadan, beach (just ordered some pebbles and seashells for this)
August: My birthday! Carrying on from the beach theme we're going to do about holidays, look and make collages out of travel magazines, planes also ties in from the transport theme
September: Back to school, all about books

Tink
24-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Were just finishing transport this month, mindees were all interested so that's what we did.

March - Spring
April - Easter
May - Farm Animals
June - Queen's Jubilee / Olympics

All subject to change depending on mindees interests.

miffy
24-02-2012, 07:34 AM
We're doing signs of spring and shapes/colours atm

Miffy xx

sarah707
24-02-2012, 07:51 AM
We are in winter this month focussing on animals and birds to follow children's interests.

We will look at leap year day next week as all the older children are fascinated with why we have an extra day.

March - signs of spring. We have already spotted some snowdrops and done lovely snowdrop white finger painting on black paper :D

kel1983
24-02-2012, 07:53 AM
We have a 2.5 year old who needs assistance with colours so thats our theme this month. At the beginning of Feb he would say everything was either pink or brown. This week I think it has finally clicked and he is saying the correct colour.

I think we will be moving onto Spring inn March. We tend to go with what the children are taking interest in

Demonjill
28-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys:thumbsup:

Anyone else??