PDA

View Full Version : a child coming during meal times but already had food?

beachgirl29
23-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi,

I've got a 2 and half year old daughter and have an older mindee who comes late in the evening but recently been coming right at our meal time but she has already eaten at home mum tells me. My daughter is at the age where she copies and wants to do what the older girl is doing so when she sees the other girl is not eating she doesn't eat! I sometimes ask the older girl to sit at the table with my daughter but is that fair?

not sure what to do.

any advice on how to handle this?

sarah707
23-02-2012, 07:56 PM
If children are here at meal times, whether they are eating or not, they all sit around the table and we chat and play games.

Sometimes even if they are not eating a proper meal for whatever reason they will have a few grapes or a drink.

I do ask parents not to arrive at meal times as it's very disruptive for all the children. Maybe you could have a word from that angle.

Hth :D

blue bear
23-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Is she turning up early or is it pre arranged? How old is mindee?
I would be saying to mum Rimini g not convenient, either comes a bit earlier and has meal or comes later. We work from home to benefit our children not make it harder for them, work out what suits you best and tell patent what you can do.

Zoomie
23-02-2012, 08:11 PM
is it possible to have dinner a little earlier?

beachgirl29
23-02-2012, 10:18 PM
We arrange a time around 4.30ish then i get a text an hour before to saying oh by the way... going to be a bit later and had food. Mindee is 6.

madmamma
23-02-2012, 10:31 PM
If she's texting to say she's going to be late anyway, ask her to come at a time to suit you. Maybe then she'll start being on time in future ;)

flowerpots
24-02-2012, 07:34 AM
If she's texting to say she's going to be late anyway, ask her to come at a time to suit you. Maybe then she'll start being on time in future ;)

Id do this too. x

miffy
24-02-2012, 07:39 AM
I'd have a word with mum and ask her not to arrive during your meal times - either she gets to you at the earlier time or, if she's running late, she arrives after you've finished your meal.

Miffy xx