PDA

View Full Version : accidents at nursey/school etc

lulubelle
23-02-2012, 06:07 PM
2 evenings a week i pick a 2 yr old up at nursery, the last couple of times he has had an accident, i have therefor signed there accident book but its not duplicate so they dont give me a copy to give parents. Do i need to write it in my accident book to prove i have told the parents etc? (i use NCMA accident books etc)

chez
23-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Personally Id ask for a copy but I would not sign the book. To my knowledge talking to my inspection officer and my DO the only people that can sign this is those with parental responisbility which as minders we dont.

rickysmiths
23-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I write it up in my book as an existing injury and get the parents to sign for it even if the nursery/school give me a note. If they do I keep a copy of it and attach it to my report which the parent signs so it proves I have passed the information on if there was any question.

rickysmiths
23-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Personally Id ask for a copy but I would not sign the book. To my knowledge talking to my inspection officer and my DO the only people that can sign this is those with parental responisbility which as minders we dont.

Never heard that before.

green puppy
23-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I always ask for a photocopy and staple it to an existing injury sheet in my file that parents sign to say it's been passed on.

lulubelle
23-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Think I'll do that too from now on! Thanks

christine e
24-02-2012, 06:49 AM
school/nursery give a letter to me which I pass on to parents after I have photo copied it and got them to sign to say they have received it - I then staple in my existing injuries section

Cx