PDA

View Full Version : Smelly

Tatjana
23-02-2012, 02:37 PM
On monday when we got back from the school run I was met with a strange smell in my house. I couldn't work it out, went wandering around trying to figure it out then found the source....mindees buggy had a blanket under it that stinks of wee :eek: I sprayed it with air freshener and some other stuff and all around my hallway, seemed to help alot.

I thought ok these things happen. The same stinking blanket has been there everyday since :rolleyes:

My hubby told me to put in a bag and put it outside the house, but I couldn't bring myself to touch it, not only is it smelly it has mud (looks like mud)on it, who knows what I'd find if I got it out. :laughing:

I can't believe the parent cannot smell it and just leave it there day after day??!

Mouse
23-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Oh yuck!

I'd be telling hubby you like his suggestion, then giving him a bag to go & put it in!! I'd even supply the disposable gloves!

stargazer1
23-02-2012, 02:50 PM
ook yucky. Do you know them well enough to "mention" it to parents?

stargazer1
23-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Oh yuck!

I'd be telling hubby you like his suggestion, then giving him a bag to go & put it in!! I'd even supply the disposable gloves!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: like this lots!!

The Juggler
23-02-2012, 04:50 PM
i think I would have to say to parents

' i think something awful has spilled on the blanket under the buggy as it smells awful'

or

wash it and say you spilled someting on it.:thumbsup:

kel1983
23-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I think I would have thrown it in the wash by now. I know we shouldnt have to though

miffy
23-02-2012, 05:30 PM
I'd have put the buggy outside and then mentioned to parents when they collected.

I wouldn't have washed it as you're not sure what was on it :panic:

Miffy xx

Tatjana
23-02-2012, 06:12 PM
I can't put the buggy outside, someone would take it....if they could bear the smell.:laughing:

I'm not going to mention it as it will go in one ear and out of the other. :(

Tatjana
23-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Oh yuck!

Love this! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Twinkles
23-02-2012, 06:16 PM
I'd stick it in the wash and tell the parents I did it 'cos it stank !:thumbsup:

nikki thomson
23-02-2012, 06:28 PM
I would wash it but I would say I spilt something on it!!! A little fib but I wouldn't want to offend. X

sillysausage
23-02-2012, 09:42 PM
As I know all my parents very well I would have stuck the blanket in a bucket to soak in washing soda for an hour then washed it. I would have been honest and said it stank of something unsavoury, but then I know none of my lot would have been offended.
I would say do whatever you feel most comfortable with. Maybe the pushchair lives in the garage at your mindees home and so the smell isn't so noticeable. Alternatively maybe everyone is full of cold and can't smell it....sometimes when I've a cold my nose gets so blocked that I can't smell the most disgusting of nappies.

~Chelle~
23-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I'd stick it in the wash and tell the parents I did it 'cos it stank !:thumbsup:

Me too :thumbsup:

smartbear
26-02-2012, 04:12 AM
definitely wash! I seem to be "accidentally" spilling an awful lot of things at the moment...;)

Joda
26-02-2012, 10:12 AM
I think I would 'accidently' spill something on it too - I'm very tempted to do that to one of my mindee's coats as it is absolutely filthy and I'm embarrassed to be seen out with him in such a state lol!

flowerpots
26-02-2012, 11:06 AM
I would just be honest and say the blanket is stinking and needs washing, hand over blanket in a bag!:idea:

betty boop
26-02-2012, 01:16 PM
why not just wash it then put it back sounds like they prob would not notice

babs
26-02-2012, 02:02 PM
ive washed mindees clothes twice this week different mindees, wed lo spilt milk all over her when she turned round at breakfast so clothes went in soak dont like the smell of sour milk. then friday another little one tipped tomato cheese pasta all over cream trousers didnt want them to stain so again went in soak. give parents clothes back rinsed out but still wet they didnt mind things cant be helped sometimes. in fact thanked me as one soaked in milk said if they had smelt she would of binned and not washed .. so i would of placed in soak and given it back wet :laughing:

catminder
26-02-2012, 02:18 PM
I would put it in a bag and say you think mindee has soiled it