PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for a one-yr-old Italian child?

littluns
22-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm minding a little boy who is 13-months-old and half Italian. I've got posters up with the Italian words for numbers and I've labelled all the toys with both languages but I'm looking for books suitable for this age (just pictures with simple words) about Italy. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Many thanks
Lee

sarah707
23-02-2012, 07:50 AM
It sounds like you have things covered. You will be speaking mostly English to the child and you could put together a picture book of things like cup / drink, buggy / walk etc if the child does not understand you.

However at this age s/he will be still learning Italian if it's being spoken at home without a lot of understanding so you will just speak English as you normally would.

Later when the child is older you can do more :D

onceinabluemoon
23-02-2012, 10:23 AM
I had a dual language french/english child and got some toys that sing/count in both languages as well as dual language books etc. I know a bit of french already but also learned some other key phrases.

Chicco do a lot of Italian/English dual language toys but you may have to contact them for suppliers in the UK

childhood2
30-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Hi.

I think its just enough these posters for a 13 months child.
Later you can use more posters, papers and you can watch cartoons with the child in both language.

You can ask professionals, but I can say that is my experience and I can see the growth of the knowledge :)