PDA

View Full Version : Starting up!

Newbie2012
22-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I am considering this as a business to give me more time with my family worried that my house isn't big enough and the fact that we have a dog! Also think about how quickly u can make money having children & a house to support!

tulip0803
22-02-2012, 09:36 PM
I am considering this as a business to give me more time with my family worried that my house isn't big enough and the fact that we have a dog! Also think about how quickly u can make money having children & a house to support!

Hello and welcome

There are space restrictions - each child that you have has a minimum amount of space needed by law so you may be restricted but many childminders work from small houses without restrictions. I have a dog too and although some people may be put off I have had people choose me because I have pets.

How quickly you can start to make money will depend on the demand in your area and how many childminders there are and how many vacancies they have and what kind of enquiries your get- When I first registered I had 3 spaces and my first children where siblings (1 schooly, 1 pre-school) full-time. They have been my only full timers. I moved and had a succession of individual children for 6 hours a week one at a time for 9 months! Your own children under 8 will also take up spaces that you are able to have.