PDA

View Full Version : Going to burst!

rhea26
22-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Well not having the greatest day, ds is very tired today and has been hard work to say the least, we took a bus ride to the museum in town, they loved the bus as we went on a double decker but it was hit and miss with ds behaviour there and at one point when I carrying him to have a time out he bit me on the arm breaking the skin! At that point I could of cried!
He was on and off for the rest of the time there, dd and mindee were fine, we got the bus home and that was fine but walking home he started to play up so I warned him he wouldnt have a hot choc if he carried on, he carried on so I said no hot choc, thats when he really kicked off, he had a few major tantrums and meltdowns, poor mindee was sat playing lego on his own and dd was asleep in buggy, then dd woke crying as she was still tired and ds was still having a tantrum so was screaming, mindee was still playing lego bless him.
I forgot my lunch so all I wanted was something to eat and drink!
I think its just 1 of those days as dd was up in the night and they were both up at 6 and dd not been sleeping great for the past month or so, I'm also 6 months pregnant and been busy lately as uncle been in hospital so been visiting him with everything to keep up, I feel soooo drained today and dh forgot his phone so cant phone him to vent about my day! Sorry for long post but thought I would feel better getting it out, I dont expect anyone to reply to my essay or to maybe tell me to pull myself together!
They are currently watching tv for 30 mins which I feel guilty for!

jane5
22-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Oh dear you have had a stressful day :group hug:

I have had many of those when my own children where little (3 in 3 years) and I feel your pain :rolleyes:

I think you were very brave to take 3 lo's to the museum on your own, I always take my dh on those kinds of trips.

I think tv in small doses is ok so put your feet up and recover from your day :thumbsup:

Mouse
22-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Take a deep breath...and relax!

No one ever said this job was easy, and I often think our own children make it twice as hard!

I would wait until DH gets home, hand the children over to him and disappear off for a long soak in the bath followed by an early night :D

ziggy
22-02-2012, 04:36 PM
we all have bad days and watching tv after such a busy day wont hurt them, hope you get to relax this evening

I took new baby mindee (10months) plus other 2 (17months and 3 yrs) to toddler group this morning. Had to change car seats after school run (in the rain), packed bag, get all 3 in to coats, hats n shoes, listen to baby crying all the way there, got baby out and into buggy, held tightly onto 17month old as we managed to get through locked gate and 2 safety doors to find no one at toddler group. I could have started setting up myself but just turned round and went home:mad: Some days i think its just easier to stay at home but then i feel i should be offering group activities. Still they all slept for over an hour later in morning and schoolies now happily drawing so a better end to the day

rhea26
22-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the kind replies, mindee has just been picked up bit early and they spent the last half hour playing with lego good as gold! Think it helped to get it all out and offload so thanks, and at least ds should have learnt a few lessons today as he missed his hot choc and daddy did say he could have a mint after tea if he had been good but I told him he wouldnt be having it because of his behaviour if he carried on with the way he was acting and he carried on so he now knows he wont be getting it!

funemnx
22-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Aw hugs ((())) what a challenging day! Sometimes T.V. is the only thing that will give overtired children a chance to wind down, so it's not always a bad thing!

I hope you get some proper rest tonight - tomorrow will be a better day :)

dette
22-02-2012, 05:58 PM
bless you .. x sometimes i think i could have 20 mindees a day with no problem as long as i didnt have any of my own kids.Why is it we can work our magic on anyone except our own !!!

rosebud
22-02-2012, 06:05 PM
bless you .. x sometimes i think i could have 20 mindees a day with no problem as long as i didnt have any of my own kids.Why is it we can work our magic on anyone except our own !!!

Oh how true!

miffy
22-02-2012, 06:12 PM
I know when my children were little I found their behaviour far more challenging sometimes than any of the children I looked after, they just knew which buttons to press :rolleyes:

Hope you have a relaxing evening to make up for it :)

Miffy xx

rhea26
22-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Well it all went off again! Because I wouldnt let ds eat a yoghurt in living room as I said he could have it in kitchen he ran behind me and hit me on my bum with his plastic sword which ****** hurt, so when I put him on time out to calm down he ran up to me and scratched my arm breaking the skin again! I am now in tears and feel so drained! Kids are eating with dh in kitchen so cant see me, thanks for the kind replies, looking forward to bedtime!

miffy
22-02-2012, 06:21 PM
OH no! Let DH deal with them now and put them to bed - you go and get a nice long soak in a hot bath, you'll feel much better after honest :)

Miffy xx

dette
22-02-2012, 06:30 PM
red wine helps or is that just me :)