PDA

View Full Version : When will I get Contracts from NCMA?

stargazer1
22-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Hey all, I'm almost registered, waiting for my insurance etc. Had a starting up pack from NCMA today, it had accident book, fire blanket, attendance book and accounts book. I thought we received contracts and child record forms from NCMA? Am I mistaken, or do these follow? Would be grateful if anyone could help me out, dont know if I should chase it or if I am just being impatient x

aly
22-02-2012, 01:55 PM
they should ahve been with them in the box...did you get the purple box?...is the a 'contents' list int here?....I would call ncma and say they are missing.....do you have a local ncma rep you can contact?

stargazer1
22-02-2012, 01:56 PM
No, its a white box called NCMA Registered Childminders Tool Kit. I will phone my NCMA contact now, thank you x

aly
22-02-2012, 01:58 PM
its changed then as when i re'g in feb 09 it was purple.

where abouts are you?

stargazer1
22-02-2012, 01:59 PM
In Llandovery, sw Wales.

aly
22-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Ah Im south east side, caerphilly.

x

stargazer1
22-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Think I've been past there a few times.

rickysmiths
22-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey all, I'm almost registered, waiting for my insurance etc. Had a starting up pack from NCMA today, it had accident book, fire blanket, attendance book and accounts book. I thought we received contracts and child record forms from NCMA? Am I mistaken, or do these follow? Would be grateful if anyone could help me out, dont know if I should chase it or if I am just being impatient x

Here it is with a list of what it contains:

http://www.shop.*************/shop/Tools_of_the_Trade_case.html

aly
22-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Here it is with a list of what it contains:

http://www.shop.*************/shop/Tools_of_the_Trade_case.html

yes Amydan they are supposed to include contracts and child record forms.

Child Record Forms
Childminding Contracts
Accounts Book
Attendance Register and
Accident, Incident and Medication folder.

sazzoo
23-02-2012, 12:23 AM
I wasnt very impressed when I joined NCMA as I rang to ask where the paperwork was and was told its 4 weeks for all paperwork bye (very abrupt) and I paid £5 extra for a certificate of employers liability that never arrived with it. After 8 weeks I phoned and was told we havent sent it as you didnt let us know you didnt recieve it!!! Quite an abrupt woman too. 6 weeks later I sent an email and recieved an appology letter and the certificate in 4 days - but dont think I will be renewing membership next year as I dont like people who are snotty on the phone - they charge enough so they could at least be pleasant.

stargazer1
23-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Tried phoning my NCMA development advisor, no call back as yet. Why is nothing ever straight forward!! Should my insurance certificate have come at the same time?

rickysmiths
23-02-2012, 09:13 AM
I wasnt very impressed when I joined NCMA as I rang to ask where the paperwork was and was told its 4 weeks for all paperwork bye (very abrupt) and I paid £5 extra for a certificate of employers liability that never arrived with it. After 8 weeks I phoned and was told we havent sent it as you didnt let us know you didnt recieve it!!! Quite an abrupt woman too. 6 weeks later I sent an email and recieved an appology letter and the certificate in 4 days - but dont think I will be renewing membership next year as I dont like people who are snotty on the phone - they charge enough so they could at least be pleasant.

That is your choice entirely. However the comment 'they charge enough anyway' is uncalled for.

They are, for their members much cheaper than other companies and they do give the choice if you want an employers cert.

Other companies charge more and include the employers cover whether you need it or not.

It is beginning to annoy me the way people keep knocking NCMA all the time but don't get their facts right.

rickysmiths
23-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Tried phoning my NCMA development advisor, no call back as yet. Why is nothing ever straight forward!! Should my insurance certificate have come at the same time?

Your insurance certificate will come separately.

rickysmiths
23-02-2012, 09:18 AM
That is your choice entirely. However the comment 'they charge enough anyway' is uncalled for.

They are, for their members much cheaper than other companies and they do give the choice if you want an employers cert.

Other companies charge more and include the employers cover whether you need it or not.

They always say paperwork, in fact all purchase deliveries could take up to 4 weeks but in my experience normally things are delivered much more quickly than that. An order I did late last year was delivered in two batches, was paperwork and goods and all of it came within a week. I guess sometimes it can take longer which is why they warn you.

It is beginning to annoy me the way people keep knocking NCMA all the time but don't get their facts right.

aly
23-02-2012, 09:45 AM

I am one of those that do knock NCMA for personal reasons, but I have to admit I have always had quick delivery usually in a couple of days, only once I had to wait a long time...but it was well within their 4 weeks so can;t moan....

If people are desperate for the stuff to arrive ie contracts etc get them in before you use last one that way you wont be desperate and can't wait the 4 weeks.

Also as Ricky says you do not get the certificate with the paperwork, that is seperate.

stargazer1
23-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the replies :)

Just spoke to NCMA, they said the child record forms and contracts are being updated and will follow in about a fortnight. Phew! x

aly
23-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the replies :)

Just spoke to NCMA, they said the child record forms and contracts are being updated and will follow in about a fortnight. Phew! x
Ah thats good then....phew indeed.