PDA

View Full Version : asked to be Godmother

julie w
22-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I care for 3 children from the same family. When the middle one was born my husband and I helped out a lot. I dont drive but he took and picked up their eldest from school (mum couldnt drive and dad cant) as she goes to a different school to my other mindees. We have become good friends with the family, attending birthday parties etc etc. Then when she had 3rd baby, my hubby took a couple of days off work to again take their eldest to and from school, picking up and dropping off middle child from theirs (mum wanted me to keep him over maternity leave to keep routine) and also taking dad to visit her in hospital. She called last night to say she has chosen Godparents. She has asked her midwife, me and a couple she knows from the school. This couple are parents of her eldest childs friend. She said shes asked them because they helped her out with her eldest child when my hubby couldnt get off work to pick her up. I feel quite upset that she hasnt asked my husband. I think she sees what he has done to help as part of being my job. I wonder if I am being too touchy and should just be happy shes asked me.

wendywu
22-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Gosh what a kind husband you have.

I would have thought he wouls have been first choice as well, he really seems to have put himself out for these parents.

You can have as many godparents as you wish, so maybe this mum could add him as well.:(

primula
22-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Something doesnt sound right to me? why would she tell you why she had picked the other couple because of the help? future unpaid childcare because your a godparent??! if your alarm bells are ringing I would decline her offer in the nicest possible way! maybe you have too many godchildren already!!!

wendywu
22-02-2012, 12:27 PM
[
QUOTE=primula;1058408]Something doesnt sound right to me? why would she tell you why she had picked the other couple because of the help? future unpaid childcare because your a godparent??! if your alarm bells are ringing I would decline her offer in the nicest possible way! maybe you have too many godchildren already!!!

[/QUOTE]

Never thought of it that way, your right, she sounds like she is covering all options for future help. :panic: