PDA

View Full Version : New Childminder in Windsor

stephmead
22-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi i am a new childminder in Windsor !! I have a parent coming to visit tomorrow she has 2 children 1 is 18months the other is 3yrs. the 3yr old goes to nursery every afternoon, i will be taking him and collecting do i charge for the time he is not with me? also what is the standard discount given for siblings?? They will be with me 4 days a week.

Any help much appreciated

:)

AliceK
22-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi

If you are taking and collecting from nursery then you woud usually charge the full amount whilst he's there. I'm assuming its the funded place at nursery? The parents will still need you in school hols and inset days plus you are unlikely to fill the time he's at nursery for 3hrs. As for sibling discounts, I don't give any. They are still taking up a place and don't require any less work than anyone else so why would they expect a discount.
Good luck with it :thumbsup:

xxxx

miffy
22-02-2012, 08:54 PM
I don't give sibling discounts either - both children will be taking up under 5 spaces.

I would also charge in full for the time the child was at nursery - you can't fill that time with another child and also you might be needed to care for this child in holidays when the nursery is shut.

Good luck with the visit, hope it goes well

Miffy xx

Suebb1
22-02-2012, 10:17 PM
I would also charge full rate if you are taking and picking up form nursery x