PDA

View Full Version : all mindees off sick today

lilliuspillius
22-02-2012, 07:17 AM
i cant believe it ....... wednesday is usually my busiest day of the week, working a 12 hour day with three young ones all day. last night i had two calls to say two were poorly with different illnesses so wont be coming.

And now, ive just had a text to say the third is also ill !!!!

obviously wouldnt wish illness on anyone, but cannot believe i have a day off with NO children and paid for it !!

first day off from mindees since last July (apart from b/h's). Going to catch up on all my paperwork :)

upadaisy
22-02-2012, 07:21 AM
i cant believe it ....... wednesday is usually my busiest day of the week, working a 12 hour day with three young ones all day. last night i had two calls to say two were poorly with different illnesses so wont be coming.

And now, ive just had a text to say the third is also ill !!!!

obviously wouldnt wish illness on anyone, but cannot believe i have a day off with NO children and paid for it !!

first day off from mindees since last July (apart from b/h's). Going to catch up on all my paperwork :)

Away back to bed :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: lol

Ripeberry
22-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Don't waste the whole day on paperwork :cool:

flowerpots
22-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Forget the paperwork, do nothing!!!! :D

Carol M
22-02-2012, 08:47 AM
SNAP !
Carol xx

snufflepuff
22-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Have a lovely day! Don't do too much paperwork, have a nice rest!

Sparkles
22-02-2012, 09:27 AM
yeah, go spend it! have a shopping day :)

JCrakers
22-02-2012, 09:32 AM
I would enjoy it not waste it on doing paperwork.
Sit down with a cuppa and Tv, shopping or whatever you enjoy doing. Its very rare it happens...enjoy it

Helen Dempster
22-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Make the most of it LOL :clapping: Like you, I don't wish illness on anyone, esp the littlies, but isn't it a GREAT feeling when you get an unexpected day off?

I've got no after schoolies today as they are both ill. I've got two 2yo but one is only half day today, so I've got it quite easy too. My own DS wasn't well this morning, high temp, feeling sick, tummy hurting etc, so I phoned the school (I was gutted as he's not missed a day of school so far). I knew he wasn't well when he wouldn't eat! However, an hour and a half later he was fine again, really perked up, so I took him in (and he wanted to go).

Demonjill
22-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Hope you are enjoying your day off and not doing that paperwork :D

miffy
22-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Hope you enjoyed your unexpected paid holiday! :clapping:

Miffy xx

The Juggler
22-02-2012, 10:01 PM
two of mine off too, poor things.

2 illl last week, one back monday then off again. My dd was off school until today, then another mindee went down sick. Now I think I've got it :(