PDA

View Full Version : would anyone touch this.......?

jane5
21-02-2012, 09:03 PM
A father is advertising on childcare.co.uk for a childminder to basically be the go between for him and ex wife.

His profile says their relationship is bad, he lives in Scotland but ex has moved south and he is renting a place close to ex for when he has weekends with the child.

He wants mum to drop lo with cm on Friday and he will collect child 20 mins later and the same on Sunday so they dont have to meet.

Some thing is saying to me dont touch it with a barge pole but then I am also thinking it could work..........what do you think and also what would you charge? I usually have a minimum 4 hour fee.

kellib
21-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Wouldn't even consider it personally.

What happens if one of the parents decides to do a disappearing act with the LO? It's a situation you don't need to involve yourself in imo.

SammyM
21-02-2012, 09:25 PM
I agree, I'd steer clear if I were you - but then again, I'm all for an easy life!!

MAWI
21-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Stay well clear, it won't be worth the hassle

alwaysright
21-02-2012, 09:51 PM
i find it quite pathetic that they cant just do this between themselves!! all mum has to do is open front door and let run run out to car and then dad has to watch child from car to front door!! they dont have to speak!! i speak from expereince after a very bad divorce and this is what we used to do!! never even used to speak to the ex when it happened!

nikki thomson
21-02-2012, 09:53 PM
What a shame they can't even be civil to each other for a few minutes when dropping off/picking up children, so sad. Personally I think it would be abit odd 20 mins on a fri/sun, really don't think it's worth it and god knows what the children would make of it all very bizzare. X

Bluebell
21-02-2012, 10:32 PM
poor kid! Must have been a disastrous split :(

rickysmiths
21-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Wouldn't touch it.

Loushah
21-02-2012, 11:06 PM
You could always meet the dad and then decide...my friend is going through a divorce at the moment and they do a similar thing but with a nursery. father has children every other weekend and they are paying half each for daughter to have monday mornings and Friday afternoons at a local nursery.

The reason they do this is because my friend still loves him and it breaks her heart seeing him knowing that he is now happy with someone else...only spilt up October time. Also means my friend gets to have a proper weekend off, incase she wants to go away the weekend or just go out on the Friday.

Ripeberry
22-02-2012, 07:30 AM
And what if one of them is running late or early. Would you have to be the referee? See what he's like and take it from there. Do a longer than usual 'settling in period' and if its too much let it go.

caz3007
22-02-2012, 10:14 AM
I would consider it, as my niece is going through a very messy split and others have to be involved for the handover.

Like Ripeberry said, meet the dad and ask to meet the mum too on another occasion and see if you can help, but have a longer settling period as its only now and again. I would definately make it worth your while especially as the Sunday is involved and could restrict your family time.

buzzy bee
22-02-2012, 10:48 AM
For 40 minutes a week I wouldn't touch it!! All sounds way too complicated and I wouldn't want to be involved if one of them was late dropping off etc and there was a fight!

Zoomie
22-02-2012, 11:06 AM
If this was during the week and I was working anyway, I might consider it, but I would hate to be kept at home over the weekend, so the Friday exchange would be fine, but no way would I do this on a Sunday.

miffy
22-02-2012, 08:55 PM
I don't think this would be worth the hassle, but if you're interested then I'd meet them first and see how you feel after that.

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
22-02-2012, 09:37 PM
How sad as there is a poor child in the middle of all this. Maybe you could be the constant that the mindee needs?

I wouldn't say no just because mum and dad don't speak BUT I would charge you minimum fee and get strict guidelines in place should either not turn up