PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for playhouse please

Trpta108
21-02-2012, 08:40 PM
I have a wooden play house in my garden, but it is a bit boring. Might anyone have some ideas to spruce it up a little, including inside, to be a bit more inviting for the children.

miffy
21-02-2012, 08:47 PM
What have you got in it atm?

Perhaps if you posted some photos it might help with the ideas

Miffy xx

Greengrass74
21-02-2012, 08:53 PM
We have differant themes in ours, one week it may be a vets, then a cafe or shop. We have also had it set up as a Post Office, music room, reading room, garage.

Helen79
21-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Maybe paint a section with blackboard paint for for them to draw on. If you do it on the inside they can use it as a menu board for when they want to play cafes.

Mcgons
21-02-2012, 09:35 PM
I painted the inside of mine white to brighten it up and stuck some mirrored stickers on the walls. Our ELC plastic kitchen is in there and a couple of chairs, the kids use it loads with just that in (& usually with mud and water!).

Natternic
21-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Does it have cute curtains,a door mat and flowers? I did this for my 2 year old son and he really wasnt interested, sometimes wish I could just be girly!
We also put in photos of our family and stuck all his artwork down there too.
I love the idea of changing into different role play area each time. Something for my mindees when they can appreciate it more.

The Juggler
21-02-2012, 11:26 PM
a small toy kitchen to go inside, mirrors???

Trpta108
22-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Thank you for your ideas! It is just plain at the moment. It is quite small - about 5x5 I think. It has curtains and carpet tiles on the floor. I like the idea of a little plant outside and mirrors and posters. i might see if I can find a small kitchen to put in there. I will also try the role play ideas and chalk board. Thanks again!

lulubelle
22-02-2012, 07:27 PM
i will def be pinching the chalk board idea when i build mine it the spring! I have just been given a lovely one which is sitting there ready to build! too cold at the mo tho!!!

lulubelle
22-02-2012, 07:41 PM
i will def be pinching the chalk board idea when i build mine it the spring! I have just been given a lovely one which is sitting there ready to build! too cold at the mo tho!!!