PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

kel1983
21-02-2012, 07:46 PM
How much interaction do your partners/husbands/wives have with the children? Obviously it is there home too so cant ban them from even entering the house while you are working and obviously the children are not left unattended unless they are registered as your assistant.

Pipsqueak
21-02-2012, 07:50 PM
my hubby has always had loads of interaction with the children - out in the garden playing footie or drawing on the blackboard for instance or feeding the tinies or 'mark making' play doh etc with them.

for HIS wellbeing he wasn't left alone (ie me go out to school) with the kids!

he is now my assistant and can be left alone with them.....

VeggieSausage
21-02-2012, 08:15 PM
my husband wants nothing to do with mindees and keeps well out of the way.....grumpy wotsit!

Helen79
21-02-2012, 08:35 PM
dh isn't home very often when I'm working but when he is he's good with the mindees. He doesn't really play with them much (he tries to keep our own 2 kids entertained so I can concentrate on mindees) but will chat to them and play with them if they offer him a toy. He usually sits on the sofa and gets made endless cups of pretend tea.

miffy
21-02-2012, 08:40 PM
My hubby is great with the mindees when he's home although he does tend to get them a bit too excited! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

marnieb
22-02-2012, 07:18 AM
my husband wants nothing to do with mindees and keeps well out of the way.....grumpy wotsit!

don't worry, mine too!!!

jelly15
22-02-2012, 07:59 AM
My DH always has a little chat as do DSs 19 & 16. If mindees know that they are in the house they shout untill they come downstairs or outof the office to see them.

rickysmiths
22-02-2012, 08:02 AM
My hubby has always had a close relationship he is registered as my assistant but works full time and only with me in the holidays.

My children do as well. We are truly a home from home environment so my family have always been a big part of it.

The long standing mindees who left a year ago called my MIL 'Granny' because thats what my children called her and she helps with outings sometimes.

TooEarlyForGin?
22-02-2012, 09:43 AM
don't worry, mine too!!!

And Me! My hubby stays in the garden if he is off when I have children. They are so unused to him, they stand and stare when he does come in. :D

buzzy bee
22-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Mine hides upstairs when I have the noisy after schoolers but otherwise he comes downstairs with us when he gets home and helps me!! I don't leave him unattended but he reads to them / plays with them and helps me at dinner time!! (And then tells me I should be paying him!)

boxtree7
22-02-2012, 10:14 AM
My husband acknowledges all the children when he comes home that's about it (thankfully) otherwise he would have the house in up roar. :panic:

caz3007
22-02-2012, 10:18 AM
My hubby interacts better with the small ones and he will help me if he is around. He cant wipe LO's face cos she screams, but he does play with her. If we go out as I dont drive, but if he has a day off we go to the farm or the bird place he will pick her up to show her things. We both adore my main LO and she is part of our family