PDA

View Full Version : Early finishes..

Demonjill
21-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Do many of you have early finishes?

What i mean is:

I have 2 mindees mon-wed 1 is before after schoolie and other before after nursery,
well their contracted hours are:
schoolie 8-9 and 3-5
nursery 8-9 and 11.30-5

however dad always picks up early so this week schoolie has not even come to me after school and nursery 1 has been picked up at 2.30 yest and today last week they never stayed past 4pm :D

Also even though they pay from 8am they never turn up before 8.15:rolleyes:

So just wondered if anybody had anything similar

I am not complaining lol after all im getting paid but it feels wierd:blush::D

cupcake22
21-02-2012, 02:54 PM
I only have 1 baby on mondays & Fridays & I start at 8.30 & finish at 3.45 & I am loving it. Good start to the week & an even better end. For years I have always worked till 5.45 every night so I am making hay while the sun shines.

Cupcake 22

funemnx
21-02-2012, 05:05 PM
I spent many years working 7 a.m. until 6.30 p.m. Now sometimes I finish at 4.30 - feels like the middle of the day! :clapping:

Demonjill
21-02-2012, 05:07 PM
lol:D

I mean that i should be working until 5pm these days as im contracted and paid till 5pm but parents choose to pick up earlier than this every time so thats what i mean by early finish!

EmmaReed84
21-02-2012, 05:11 PM
lol:D

I mean that i should be working until 5pm these days as im contracted and paid till 5pm but parents choose to pick up earlier than this every time so thats what i mean by early finish!

I have a little after schoolie two days, paid until 7pm... I have had this mindee since Sept and I am yet to actually work until 7pm, the latest she was ever collected was 6.40pm.

suez
21-02-2012, 05:13 PM
tues, weds and friday till 8 pm :(

adele1985
21-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Do many of you have early finishes?

What i mean is:

I have 2 mindees mon-wed 1 is before after schoolie and other before after nursery,
well their contracted hours are:
schoolie 8-9 and 3-5
nursery 8-9 and 11.30-5

however dad always picks up early so this week schoolie has not even come to me after school and nursery 1 has been picked up at 2.30 yest and today last week they never stayed past 4pm :D

Also even though they pay from 8am they never turn up before 8.15:rolleyes:

So just wondered if anybody had anything similar

I am not complaining lol after all im getting paid but it feels wierd:blush::D

Hi hun my working hours are 7.30 until 6 (my parents pay for either full day, half day, afterschool or beforeschool so it dosent really matter what time they get picked up i still charge the same rate depending on what session they need)

full session - 7.30 until 6
half session - 7.30 until 12.30 or 1 until 6
Before school -7.30 until school drop off
After school - school pick up until 6

Mondays, uesdays and Thursdays I have 1 before school he NEVER gets here before 8, its normally between 8 and 8.20 he gets here

I also have an afterschool Mondays and fridays mum picks up at 4.30 at the latest and thats if shes not already waiting outside when I get bak from the school run

Wednesdays and Thursdays I have a am session and i take him to nursery at 12.30 - he normally gets here at 8ish

I also have a mindee who comes all day wednesday and thursdays and shes always gone by 5 at the latest

Tuesdays and Thursdays I have an afterschool who gets picked up at 6pm on the dot (apart from today when mum came at 5 :laughing:

rickysmiths
21-02-2012, 06:15 PM
I have had parents who collect early. I always think it is lovely that the parents want to spend the time with their children.

Unlike the ones who plough their way through a blizzard to drop off even though they are going to be at home all day. :(

Zoomie
21-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I have one after school mindee who is contracted to 6:30 4x a week. 6x this month, she has been collected from school by parent, and of the other days she has come 3x she has been collected 30-45 mins early. But I think this is because her parents work shifts and thus they collect early when they can.

All the other mindees I have arrive and leave within 5 minutes of their contracted hours and these parents have fixed working hours, so traffic is the only variable.

Enjoy it !!!!

flowerpots
21-02-2012, 06:43 PM
My after school mindee is contracted to finish at 6pm, but is nearly always picked up between 4.30 and 5pm, mum prefers to be contracted until 6pm ''just in case''. :)

crazyhazy
21-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Most of my parents collect early when they are able to, one after school pays till 5.30pm and is quite often away by 4ish. I think it's nice, added bonus to me getting finished and good that they want to spend time as a family. One of my families is odd though, they are great in every other respect, pay on time, will swap days if needed etc BUT they always send child regardless of whether they are working or not and never collect her even 10mins early. I find it very odd tbh, yesterday she was here 8-6 even though today her dad was going away for 4 months and both of them were at home all day, bizarre!

FussyElmo
21-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Most of my parents collect early when they are able to, one after school pays till 5.30pm and is quite often away by 4ish. I think it's nice, added bonus to me getting finished and good that they want to spend time as a family. One of my families is odd though, they are great in every other respect, pay on time, will swap days if needed etc BUT they always send child regardless of whether they are working or not and never collect her even 10mins early. I find it very odd tbh, yesterday she was here 8-6 even though today her dad was going away for 4 months and both of them were at home all day, bizarre!

Maybe mum and dad wanted time alone :blush: personally I would have picked my child up early but everyones different.

One of mine is contracted to 5 and Its rare I do past 430 and if I do I get asked if i mind - gotta to love parents like this :thumbsup:

fionamadcat
21-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I have an after schoolie who is contracted till 6 tues, thurs and fri. Dad or step mum pick him up tues and fri normally about 5, mum on thurs is normally late!! Mum made agreement with me and did not consult dad about when he would be picking up, am paid by college so I have said nothing! I have another who is contracted till 6 but mum always picks up by 5.40 very rarely later. Most of the others pick up on time unless they are off for the day and they might come early.

Tatjana
21-02-2012, 09:16 PM
One mindee contracted from 8am - 6pm, usually arrives anywhere between 9.15am-11am!! Usually picked up at 5.30pm!!

PixiePetal
21-02-2012, 09:42 PM
I would rather a parent book the time and pick up early than not give enough time and always be late!

Demonjill
21-02-2012, 10:28 PM
I have had parents who collect early. I always think it is lovely that the parents want to spend the time with their children.

Unlike the ones who plough their way through a blizzard to drop off even though they are going to be at home all day. :(

my thoughts exactly:D

JCrakers
22-02-2012, 09:40 AM
I have two boys who should come at 8am every weds but because Dad is always running late he drops them at school himself. So every weds he texts me to say he will drop at school and then I just pick them up 3-6pm.

Ive asked if they want to change the contract but they dont, they want it in place just in case they need it. So basically paying £28 a month for it but not using it.