PDA

View Full Version : no naps today - just screaming!!!

VeggieSausage
21-02-2012, 02:16 PM
nearly time to get ready for the school run and not a single lo has gone to sleep and had a nap :( one lo has just screamed all day.....trying to keep upbeat but day after day this screaming is driving me crazy....doesn't seem to be anything wrong. Parents say lo is so good at home but older sibling says they scream all the time......

Pipsqueak
21-02-2012, 02:24 PM
oh dear screamer alert

sorry no advice as thankfully I have never experienced this....

lots of others on here who perhaps can advise though

(I am sure we have an EarPlug Fund for needy minders though....:laughing:)

sarah707
21-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Oh poor you! Maybe lo will sleep on the way to school in the buggy??

It's so hard when they scream like this, especially if parents are telling you they are ok at home.

I find time normally resolves the issues plus a really good routine but if all else fails pop them safely in a lie flat buggy for a little while in front of the TV and give them a rock while you have a drink - it will help you feel better and they might just drift off watching the movement on the screen.

My last screamer turned into one of my most placid 3 year olds... so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hugs xx

onceinabluemoon
21-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Seconding what Sarah says about the buggy, TV and a drink. It's crazy how it works but it does, There is even tv channel called baby tv (on sky not sure about free view, can slow get it on iPad etc) which seems to mesmerise them!

Goatgirl
21-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Seconding what Sarah says about the buggy, TV and a drink. It's crazy how it works but it does, There is even tv channel called baby tv (on sky not sure about free view, can slow get it on iPad etc) which seems to mesmerise them!

Baby einstein beethoven dvd saved my sanity :thumbsup:

Good luck :)
wendy

miffy
21-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Hope you got a break and a bit of peace - a screaming baby is so wearing!

Miffy xx

VeggieSausage
21-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Well the screaming continued all day, the most high pitched and loud screaming I have ever heard. Lo started in september and was ok for the first week or so, then the screaming began. Now we sometimes have an ok day (never good) but we sometimes have awful days like today. Have got a good routine going with all the children but this one just won't stop screaming, other children had their hands over their ears today it was so bad ....will try tv tomorrow....cot isn't working, lo sleeps for maximum about 15 minutes sometimes :(

breezy
21-02-2012, 06:54 PM
my new ones a screamer and when he's not screaming he's moaning:(
but as has been said, a screamer I had a few years ago turned into an absolute angel. Not found a cure for the new one yet though!