PDA

View Full Version : nusrery rhymes dvd

PaulaR
21-02-2012, 01:40 PM
I really want a good dvd with nursery rhymes on it so the kids can watch it and join in. Just like we were at toddlers.
I have nursery rhymes but they don't all have the hand movements. I want all the traditional ones we do at toddlers. I have a shy child that I think if we could practice at home, he might join in more when there are other children around.
Can anyone help?????

loopyloopy
21-02-2012, 02:00 PM
I've got "wow that's what I call nursery rhymes" DVD still in its wrapper if your interested

It has polly put the kettle on
Sing a song of sixpence
Twinkle little star
Grand duke of York
Baa baa black sheep

And lots more

sarah707
21-02-2012, 02:33 PM
In the past I have used songs and rhymes on You Tube with the children because I find they like to watch the actions as well as join in with the singing.

I have a couple of CDs but find them a bit plastic sounding. We do listen to music from around the world though - http://www.putumayo.com/ music is lovely :D

Baildon bears
21-02-2012, 03:05 PM
I have a fab one called my first album cd + DVD I had a copy when mine were little and it has been used so much I have just bought another one of eBay for only £5.99. They live the DVD and watch the children doing the actions to the songs.

mindingmummy08
21-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Sarah thank you I am loving the idea of some around the world music to listen to.

I have a kids cd with all the nursery rhymes on and I can't stand it. The voices are so shouty.

watgem
21-02-2012, 05:18 PM
I have a makaton nursery rhyme one, I think its got Dave Benson in it, its brilliant they go on a farm, on a bus and a school and sing nursery rhymes relating to what they see and they sign all the songs, too, also I have sing and sign which we all love, the good thing is the presenters are way better at singing than me too:)

BuggsieMoo
21-02-2012, 06:03 PM
How about the tumble tots one - we have an action one and the kids love copying it. x

littlegremlins
21-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I have a fab one called my first album cd + DVD I had a copy when mine were little and it has been used so much I have just bought another one of eBay for only £5.99. They live the DVD and watch the children doing the actions to the songs.

Me too, I need to replace mine as it's been so well used and scratched :)

PaulaR
23-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for all your help. I decided to go fr the first album and a few of you recomneded it and when I went to the reeviews they said it was great as well. Only a fiver on play.com
Thanks

dette
23-02-2012, 03:52 PM
i'm gonna get that one too x

Baildon bears
23-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Oh good :D, it is fab. We use ours weekly.

JulieA
23-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Don't forget your entertainment licence, ladies!! LOL :laughing:

miffy
23-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Don't forget your entertainment licence, ladies!! LOL :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Miffy xx