PDA

View Full Version : Another Q...

mum2two
26-05-2008, 03:46 PM
I know it's been said Ofsted don't like tick sheets, but I'm doing some anyway!

I'm doing a sheet for each of the ages, and listing what the child should be achieving in each section, but all on one page.

It's just if I tick it off, and then look at the next sheet - should give me a quick glance at the next step for planning, rather than searching through the book, finding the right area, then achievment.....

As long as I document the achievements, ie photos, detailed written obs, paintings, etc, then ofsted shouldn't mind the tick list should they...?

Thanks

Kelly x

breezy
26-05-2008, 04:28 PM
to be honest I'm not sure, but they shouldn't object if you're doing everything else.
Hopefully someone will know for sure and will be along soon!

chez1373
27-05-2008, 04:03 PM
I was just getting to terms with birth to 3 lol

I think im getting this EYFS more than birth to 3...

Im goin to sit down at the weekend and go through the pack scary lol

Tatia
28-05-2008, 08:06 AM
I think tick lists have their place, as in you can see in a glance what a child can do. What they do not do (and where other means of observation and planning make more clear) is tell you how close a child is to completing task or what exactly you can do to move the child on to help them master a rising skill. So use tick lists sparingly, to keep track of accomplishments and use other forms of obs to get a clearer picture of child's development.

Hannahlg
28-05-2008, 02:42 PM
we do an checli obsavtion so say if one of the children turned 3 i would see which ones he can do and then the ones he couldnt do i would support him in them areas and se if he could do it the next month

ofsed dont like nothing