PDA

View Full Version : What to buy

NicoleW
21-02-2012, 12:44 PM
So I had loads of fun at the toy library, we'll be going weekly. Slide was a big hit!

So I've decided on not buying any resources as of yet, and just use what I can borrow. Things is... I have pennies in my bank and I'm wondering what to buy.

I think I need a rug of some sort, as I have wooden (not laminate) flooring and it doesn't scream "soft lovely home" ... But then when I did have a rug it got covered in dog hair.. but I'm sure in the evening when the dogs are allowed in I could roll it up.

I also want some bean bags, I only have one two seater sofa so was thinking either a child sized sofa or some bean bags?

I also need a new TV unit, I've picked out the Ikea Expedit (currently on ebay ending in 3 hours and it's only on £20 so far!)

Hmmm... What do you think? I also need some new paints as well and craft things, but I also need a nice space saving dining table ARGH

mindingmummy
21-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi :-)

with ref to a rug....I wouldnt bother personally. I have wooden floors too. and have 3 rugs now which are a bit gross....having toilet trained several small children, lots of spilt milk, sick, dog hair, etc..Im sticking with the wooden floor which cleans much easier :-)

My biggest investment has been decent car seats, and a good double buggy. You wont believe how often the craft stuff needs topping up too!

Suebb1
21-02-2012, 12:54 PM
I got a fairly small cheap rug with variety of cars, trains and traffic lights on from one of the big retailer hardware shops. Big hit with the children! x

VeggieSausage
21-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Crafty Croccadiles is good for craft stuff.....

Angela234
21-02-2012, 03:07 PM
In my playroom we have laminated floor with a couple childrens play rugs on the floor ones with non slip backs

In our lounge diner half is laminated (dining area) the other half carpet

Maybe get a nice size road mat or farm mat (carpet looking ones)so they can sit and play on. They can rolled up when not needed