PDA

View Full Version : Still at the thinking stage

Newbie2012
20-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Hello, I am considering this as a business to give me more time at home but am worried about earning money straight away having children & a house to support! Also worried I might not have a big enough house with the correct layout.

Becci26
20-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Hi!

I registered in November and can safely say, do not expect to be earning lots straight away! I was naive in thinking I would get some full timers straight away. This has not been the case and have had little bits in dribs and drabs and it is only now that I am starting to get more enquiries and more work.
If you do decide to do it I would suggest you advertise as much as possible when you are close to registering and tell everyone that you meet. (Be sure to advise that you are not registered yet and cannot take on children)

For me it is the best decision I made and wish I could have done it sooner!! HTH

Two Princesses
20-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Totally agree with Becci26, don’t count on anything for 6 months ish. Are you in a position that you can register and advertise but not give up work until you have a full time mindee with a months’ notice to start iyswim?
I had no option and had to give up work (childcare issues) and then registered in Oct last year. I've had 2 after schoolers from Jan 2012 and my first real enquiry 2 weeks ago for a full timer. Luckily they've taken the place!
I wouldn't worry too much about the size of your house, mines not huge but we always make sure we spend lots of time outside :)
Good luck x

aj2579
21-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi i registered n October 2011 and im still waiting for some work to come in, ive had loads of enquiries but the parents then go to to see other childminders that are more experienced and have had the earnings to set up properly, although i have to say when i eventually get there and am full i will be earning more money then what i did as a database administrator 3 years ago!!