PDA

View Full Version : omg you gotta read this

foxy lady
20-02-2012, 08:33 PM
http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/five-year-old-boy-opts-to-become-a-girl.html

Ripeberry
20-02-2012, 08:53 PM
That will be confusing for the grandparents :rolleyes:. I've seen it all now and I'm just speechless tbh!

deb thompson
20-02-2012, 09:05 PM
I can understand the gender issues but at that age??? how can the child/family know it's not a phase???? surely it would be sensible to wait until the child can make an informed choice? is it even real? x

Becci26
20-02-2012, 09:25 PM
:eek:

wow! Good on them for supporting her though!

Mouse
20-02-2012, 09:29 PM
I read that this morning. I have to say, he makes a very happy looking little girl and I hope he can always be that happy :laughing:

Jellytots79
20-02-2012, 09:31 PM
:eek: I cant see how a child of that age could really understand the effects of there decission. my son will dress up in dresses and watches 'girlie' programmes and plays with dolls and prams, doesnt mean he wants to be a girl!

The Juggler
20-02-2012, 09:36 PM
ooh not sure what I think. I think that I believe it is a good thing but it is such a young child - what if it is just a phase - he is so young to understand properly. I know he has been medically assessed so I'm sure they are sure but still wonder ..........

if he is born with both sets of genitalia then I understand a choice has to be made but he IS a boy. However, if a child of 5 is that depressed over being a boy then we should do whatever we can to make him into a happy her.

what supportive parents and a supportive school though

Bluebell
20-02-2012, 10:35 PM
So he's living as a girl but he is still a boy? If everyone is being so supportive it doesn't seem to make any difference. They haven't given him an operation - that will presumably come later in life when old enough to make a decision. Can imagine the teenage years will be tough though cos kids can be harsh.