PDA

View Full Version : Pancakes!

muffins
20-02-2012, 06:34 PM
We will be having pancakes for tea tomo & am looking for in inspiration!

What will you be having on yours/ offering mindees with theres?

:thumbsup:

sarah707
20-02-2012, 06:57 PM
We are very traditional - lemon and sugar and chocolate sauce :D

appleblossom
20-02-2012, 07:04 PM
For the mindees who have tea here I will do roast ham and sweetcorn pancakes. I'm going to do small ones for everyone's dessert after lunch with lemon juice and sugar or dessert sauce. In the past I've done crispy bacon and mushroom and leek/mushroom and cheese.

nikki thomson
20-02-2012, 07:06 PM
American pancakes. Lots off them with blueberries and then I have a variety of maple syrup, chocolate/strawberry sauce etc, the kids are soooooo looking forward to them. Xx

kellib
20-02-2012, 07:47 PM
I've only got 2 one year olds tomorrow so we'll make them but not sure if they'll eat them! :rolleyes: I've got blueberries in so they can have them with the pancakes :thumbsup:

Happy Bunny
20-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Pancakes filled with bananas and custard

funemnx
20-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Bananas and maple syrup! Can't wait! :)

Two Princesses
20-02-2012, 09:07 PM
ice cream and chocolate sauce after dinner!
Not sure what the mindees are having though :D

JCrakers
20-02-2012, 09:11 PM
I have done them for after tea for the past 4 yrs but tomorrow I've got 8 children so I've decided not to. :(

Hard decision to make but I think the right one.

I might do them at lunch time for the two little ones. Lemon sugar or choc sauce

miffy
20-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Angel's just posted a recipe for chocolate pancakes - yummmy!

Miffy xx

SammyM
20-02-2012, 10:33 PM
I've just made a pile of pancakes and popped them in the freezer, kept a bit of batter back so I can make a couple tomorrow to get the 'Oooooo' factor when I flip them!! Too much hassle trying to do them all tomorrow for 6 after schoolies.

For once I'm organised!!! :excited::excited::excited:

NicoleW
21-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Pancakes with ice cream :D

I can't seem to do them though, I put the butter in the pain but then when I put the batter in - the middle of the pancake always sticks to the middle of the frying pan so I can't 'flip' it

Cammie Doodle
21-02-2012, 07:44 AM
I've just made a pile of pancakes and popped them in the freezer, kept a bit of batter back so I can make a couple tomorrow to get the 'Oooooo' factor when I flip them!! Too much hassle trying to do them all tomorrow for 6 after schoolies.

For once I'm organised!!! :excited::excited::excited:

Very sensible I have pancake mix already made up in fridge and will make a batch whilst babay sleeping and then will only have to make a few when the schoolies get in ;)
This will be 2 nd night of Pancakes as I hate any of the Mindees to miss out.

Various Toppings, but sugar and lemon thre fav
And just butter on the Scottish Pancakes

muffins
21-02-2012, 09:32 AM
I'll be having choc philli & bananas on mine:D

For the mindees I'll put a selection of toppings out & they can choose there own, thinking of putting a limit of 3 toppings on each though as it could get abit yuk otherwise!:laughing:

Mollymop
21-02-2012, 09:33 AM
We was going to have just caster sugar and choc or strawb sauce but I just realised I had some bananas! Think that will go down nicely :)

ChocolateChip
21-02-2012, 12:21 PM
My faves are lemon and sugar or banana and maple syrup, but combos of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, peaches, flavoured syrup and ice cream or cream always go down well here!

Suebb1
21-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Not very healthy options here!! Chocolate spread and bananas!!! But the children loved them x