PDA

View Full Version : Help Please.

chez1373
26-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi all i have my inspection in the morning and im very very scared indeed and i have got some hygiene hand rub that i use on the kids but i dont have permission for i didnt realise i needed it but ive been told i do so here is the question does anyone have a permission form for hygiene rub alcogel... if so can you please send it me...

Thank you....

breezy
26-05-2008, 02:30 PM
hi, I use it but don't have permission form to use it, didnt know i had to!Oops!
Had ofsted last year and wasn't picked up on it, but it might just have been luck!
Just go along the lines

" I give permission for ................ to use alcogel hand cleanser on my childs hands when necessary

signed ......................... parent/guardian

good luck and let us know how you get on and try to relax, rumour has it ofsted are only human! my inspector was very nice.

mum2two
26-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Same as above. Just something simple to cover you!

Kelly x

littlesprogs
26-05-2008, 02:40 PM
where do you all buy it from?

I thought of buying some a while ago but couldnt find anywhere that sold it.

I would also just do something simple like above.

chez1373
26-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi all thank you for the form i am not good at putting things like that into words i got mine from my sis she works in the hospital

breezy
26-05-2008, 03:12 PM
I get mine from boots or tescos, usually by the soap!

littlesprogs
26-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I get mine from boots or tescos, usually by the soap!

Ahh thats great thankyou :thumbsup:

elaineg
26-05-2008, 04:36 PM
got mine in the pound shop, but have seen it in Tesco and Asda.

love Elaine XX

disney
26-05-2008, 04:44 PM
had my ofsted inspection recently & i used it and i dont have permmision forms did ask the inspector and she laughed and said you dont need one that would be like using a form for soap really wouldnt it :blush: only medicines , plasters , sun cream she said !

but im only saying what i was told and that maybe you should do one if some as said this as lots of inspectors are different x

chez1373
26-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Im hoping i have a really nice lady that doesnt go looking for things to pick on lol but what ever the outcome i know the kiddies are looked after and the parents are more than happy

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:
Ok im so lying im terrified

miffy
26-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Oh Chez don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine

Give the inspector all your paperwork and just carry on what you would normally be doing with the children

Good luck and let us know how you get on

miffy xx

chez1373
26-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Thats just it i have two new children starting tomorrow so ive no idea what they will be like plus im not too sure what paperwork i need to get out for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im also not 100% on reporting abuse etc my mind keeps goin blanc when i ask myself questions....

I hate the thought of messing up because of something stupid i did..
I have 9 children tomorrow well 5 mindees and 4 mine and my partners my partner will be looking after ours but i know i will end up doin it..

Im just so terrified i wasnt this scared going to war.....

katickles
26-05-2008, 05:11 PM
9 children!!:eek:

Just wanted to say good luck with your inspection - you'll be fine :)

chez1373
26-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks im gonna need it i only have a 4 seater table lol

Lets hope its not raining so we can go into the garden

katickles
26-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Will keep my fingers crossed for you then :)

miffy
26-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Could you get your partner to take your children out for the day so that you only have the 5 mindees to look after - that may make it a bit easier for you.

You can show your inspector any paperwork that proves how well you do your job but you must have
- register or record of the names, addresses, days and times attended of the children you look after
- all permission forms
- all accident and medication records
- complaint policy and record of complaints

You could also show her photographs of the children and activities you provide or outings you've been on (provided you have permission from parents to take photographs); artwork that the children have done; any thank you letters from children or their parents; any other records you keep on the children - like their health records (eg whether they have allergies or when they had immunisations); parent questionnaires; your policies; your training certificate etc etc etc

Don't forget you must have your registration certificate on display and the current ofsted poster - I also put my insurance cert up.

As for safeguarding children - have you got the booklet "what to do if a child is being abused" as that talks you through it. The biggest change is to remember it's now the local Safeguarding Board that you refer too

You will be fine :thumbsup:

miffy xx

angeldelight
26-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Good advice from everyone

Good luck im sure you will be fine

Angel xx

chez1373
26-05-2008, 06:16 PM
When you simplyfie it like that then i have all that i have photos painings etc all paperwork mentioned above i have i shouldnt worry really but i am... I hope i just get satisfactory i will be happy with that....

Ive told the kids if we get a good i will throw them a party on wed lol

I think my oh will take our kids out swimming i think....
Thanks for all the advice guys

disney
26-05-2008, 06:34 PM
sending you all the best im sure you will be fine

flora
26-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Sending you god luck vibes through.

Good luck, stay calm and I'm sure you will be fine :thumbsup:

mrsb
26-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Loads of luck to you tomorrow, and honestly it's really not as bad as you tihnk it is going to be ;)

Spangles
26-05-2008, 07:11 PM
I wish you all the good luck in the world tomorrow as I am sure I will feel exactly the same as you when it's my turn!

Take a deep breath and, just think, this time tomorrow it will be all over and done with!

xx

Tily Bud
26-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Good luck for tomorrow, i'll be thinking of you xx

Blaze
26-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Good luck & let us know what you got the very second she leaves!!!!!:thumbsup:

hbomb1
26-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Wishing you lots of luck, though I'm sure you will be fine. :thumbsup:

Let us know how you get on.

Cazz
26-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Good luck for tomorrow - I'm sure everything will be fine :thumbsup:

Carole x

Eagles4ever
27-05-2008, 06:11 AM
Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know how you get on.

Sue x

miffy
27-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Got my fingers crossed for you!!!!!!

miffy xx

chez1373
27-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Ive started a new thread in the inspection part of the forum but i thought id let you all know that has posterd here i got GOOD Im SO HAPPY

Thanks for all your support guys this forum is my life line most days and i think you all are a credit to childminding

Looking forward to the next one in 3years lol

Thanks again

Cheryl