PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter

mum2two
26-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi. Hope everyone is having a happy - albeit wet (well down South...) Bank Holiday! :D

Just wondered, those of you that do newsletters, what do you put on it?

I've got a bit taken up at the top with name & month.

Then down one side all the celebrations/birthdays for the month. and under that any particular planned outings.

Then in the main bit what our theme is, and some of the things we will be looking at, & how it links in with EYFS. (A brief bit relating to each area). - That's also for my beneift, to get my brain into gear for the activites.

And finally at the bottom, a reminder for parents of any holidays I have, or bank hols/school hols that month. (Not that there are any in June...!)

Is this enough/too much?

Thanks

Kelly x

MissTinkerbell
26-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi

Although I've not started yet, I have prepared a newsletter template and intend to include:

What's coming up this month - our themes, anything I need kiddies to bring with them, forms parents may need to sign, activities we will be doing

What happened last month - a brief overview of what we did with photos, what we enjoyed most

Birthdays - a lsit of birthdays coming up

Special events - a list of trips, food tasting, visits

and then anything any of the parents may wish to add.

HTH

emler
26-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Sounds like you have it covered. I normally put a wee reminder on for parents to bring sun hats/change of clothes etc. I also let parents know if I have recently completed any training courses.
Hope this helps

Emler x

breezy
26-05-2008, 02:36 PM
sounds like it's all covered, I also include any awards/ swimming badges/ achievements of the children

Cammie Doodle
26-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Carolyn and I have just compiled our latest newsletter in contains everything mentioned above and also a mention to The EYFS and when it comes into being !!:rolleyes: . We have also mentioned that we will be handing out our Questionnaires shortly (we will see how many are returned lol)

crazybones
26-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I have just done one to send out in June and have put a table in it asking them what days and hours they want covered for the summer hols to help me plan stuff. But mainly because I have only been charging 1/2 fee for hols and I would like some notice of what my money will be. Then I informed them my fees are going up in September :o Then, of course, reminded them for about the 6th time the dates of my own holidays.

disney
26-05-2008, 04:51 PM
like every one has said it sounds like you have got it all their . i just add would parents remember to put sun cream in bags :thumbsup: x disney

miffy
26-05-2008, 05:10 PM
All the above plus every couple of months a reminder about emergency contact details just in case they've had a new mobile - always a good one to do after Christmas :)

miffy xx

katickles
26-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Sounds like you have everything in there you need :)

angeldelight
26-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Sounds like you have all the ideas already

Just be prepared for some parents not to read it ha

Angel xx

miffy
26-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Sounds like you have all the ideas already

Just be prepared for some parents not to read it ha

Angel xx

Hmmm - that's true

But then you can always say "It's in my newsletter" when they ask you a daft question later :)

miffy xx

angeldelight
26-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah thats when my parents say " what newsletter did you give me one? " grrrrr

Angel xx

mum2two
26-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Yes I doubt it'll get read, like my diaries, but like you've said - at least I've told them things!

Kelly x

disney
26-05-2008, 06:38 PM
just incase my parents say they didnt read it i put one up on my notice board in my hall i usually find they read it while i am gatting their children ;) x
disney

mum2two
26-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Yep, I'm planning on doing that too!

Kelly x

manjay
26-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I think some parents read mine but tbh mine is more for me to prove to the powers that be that this is one of my communication methods

amanda xx

Tily Bud
26-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Ive started to stick mine in childrens daily diaries, with the idea that at least when parents say they haven't had it i can say where it is :D

Gherkin
26-05-2008, 10:42 PM
I do a quarterly newsletter which goes like this:
Say hello/goodbye (to new starters and those who have left)
Training update (what I have done or am due to do)
Business developments (has recently included a brief outline on EYFS so parents are aware)
Holiday dates
Reminders
Pointless facts about me so that parents learn a little more about me (last month I told people that I was born in the City of London so am a cockney and that I have 2 degrees in History)

Tend to keep it to one side of A4 - think if I give them too much to read they do not read it.

venus89
03-06-2008, 09:47 AM
How do you finish it though? I keep on coming across as really twee - 'here's hoping we all have a lovely term'...... etc

crazybones
03-06-2008, 12:50 PM
I just put something like "Hope you find this interesting if you have any questions about this info please ask. Many Thanks Anne-Marie."

sarah707
03-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Ask if there's anything you're not sure about. Thank you for your continued support.

It goes out with their bills and gets stuck up on the noticeboard :D

Chimps Childminding
04-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Mine is along the same lines - Holidays, reminder about suncream, hats etc now summer is here :laughing: :laughing: What we are going to be doing for the next few weeks, and training I have done or have planned etc.

Just realised today though that I put the wrong date for my holidays - it was supposed to be October half-term, but I accidentally put the date for the week before - would be lovely to have a week off while my boys are still at school, but I would still have to get up to take them :censored: so sent a little note out with an apology and change of date instead!!! :blush: (luckily it only went out the end of last month).