PDA

View Full Version : still no work :-(

aj2579
20-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Afternoon ladies,

After a few more visits i still have no work, im pulling all the stops out, have created a lovely display area, talk with the parents whilst im interacting with the child and just dont know what else to do, i had a family out Friday evening but not heard back yet (i know it was only a few days ago) i had another family out 2.5 weeks ago and mum messaged me early last week to say she would get back to me Friday (just gone) and still nothing, i have everything in place, and have just registered on the Active kids thing but am really getting fed up of this now and actually considering finding a minder for my youngest and going back part time in office work i really dont want to but im running out of options!
sorry for the depressing post
adele

CH1957
20-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Ive been registered about the same time as you and as yet only have 1 mindee 2 short days a week and just started a school drop off which is every morning. Ive had about 10 people contact me now - 6 have been to see me, some bother to let me know they dont want me but most dont bother. Its very frustrating.
Everyone keeps telling me it takes time to get known but they isnt much help really! Ive advertised everywhere and will be standing outside my local nursery at the weekend when they have an open day handing out my leaflets - I'll probably get told off by the staff but I dont care, they cant stop me standing on the pavement!!! :laughing:
Lets hope it picks up for both of us soon.

Jiorjiina
20-02-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm in the same sort of position, except that I'm still working part time, and won't have any mindees in the day time until 1 starting just after easter, and then another in July.

Lots of visits, and then hardly anyone even getting back to me, let alone signing up.

Fortunately, I have a 6mth old starting at easter, so I'm hoping I'll be able to go to playgroups and get a bit more known.

aj2579
21-02-2012, 12:03 PM
im so glad im not the only one, it does take its toll though going through all these visits and for the parents to come back with they have decided to go with a more experienced childminder with more space for thier child, is raising my two children not enough experience then!!

Nikki125
21-02-2012, 12:12 PM
you can happily have some of mine, im full to bursting and have a waiting list for babies not even born yet.......i can never fit in all the children who i have on the waiting list. x

flowerpots
21-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Try not to get disheartened hun, it does take time but it WILL happen eventually. xxx

lyla's mum
21-02-2012, 12:48 PM
something will come along hun. i've just lost my full timer due to redundencys, so only got my after schooler and another for 2 days, am doing everything i can to advertise, made website, flyers through doors, posters up everywhere that will let me (not many places here) and childcare.co.uk but just nothing coming up. had one visit in 6 weeks, and a further 3 enquiries via email

JCrakers
21-02-2012, 01:40 PM
It is a very up and down job and I take my hat off to anyone childminding to pay the bills.
Im lucky enough to have hubbies wages paying the bills but know I am in a very lucky position. Relying on people getting back to you and signing contracts is a very long and painful wait. Even getting hte phonecall in the first place is hard work.
At the moment I am quite comfortable with the amount of children I have (8 schoolies,2 in school hols only and 5 EY) but I did go for 10months without a single phonecall.
Most of the older children I have, have been with me since I started 4.5yrs ago.

So from Nov10 when I only had 1 EY child I have taken on 4 EY, 2 schoolies and 1 school hol...so it will come eventually...hang in there :D

Sending some vibes your way :D