PDA

View Full Version : Haven Fun & Fitness Scheme

Wendybird
20-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Heard about this on another thread and that it had been extended so I applied. I have just had an e-mail from them asking me to clarify that I had 10 children each day, not just 10 on my books, and as Ofsted regulate the number of under 5's I can have each day to give the names and details for the CMs I work with! So, in fact, childminders aren't technically excluded, but it is impossible for us to meet the terms as they are written. :rolleyes: I've written them a terse e-mail already. But thought I'd let everyone know not to bother registering. :censored:

Tink
20-02-2012, 02:41 PM
No, they have changed the number of children so only schools are eligible to do this scheme, it's a real shame too as we still use our outdoor equipment, the children love it and I would love some extra bits, but never mind.

jumpinjen
20-02-2012, 03:36 PM
they e-mailed me telling me that I could apply as part of a syndicate of Cm's and supply their ofsted numbers and details and we could share the equipment so that's what we are doing!

HTH, Jen x

allison
20-02-2012, 06:18 PM
what is the scheme all about? is it worth me doing? and if so how do i register?
thanks
Allison:D

~Chelle~
20-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Glad I registered when I did then as the stuff that I received was excellent.

Shame that I cant register for next time round as I found it was more worthwhile than collecting hundreds of tescos vouchers and getting some paper and PVA glue for it! x

Mouse
20-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Heard about this on another thread and that it had been extended so I applied. I have just had an e-mail from them asking me to clarify that I had 10 children each day, not just 10 on my books, and as Ofsted regulate the number of under 5's I can have each day to give the names and details for the CMs I work with! So, in fact, childminders aren't technically excluded, but it is impossible for us to meet the terms as they are written. :rolleyes: I've written them a terse e-mail already. But thought I'd let everyone know not to bother registering. :censored:

That's a shame. Have they re-written the terms? When I registered they said I didn't have the required number of children each day, but I explqined that I did have that many children on my books as they all come part-time. I had to say who can when (I didn't give full names) and they did let me register.

mushpea
20-02-2012, 07:40 PM
I complained in a big way to them that it was unfair on us childminders not being able ot take part,, I explained that we are expected to be like a nursery setting with paperwork etc and that therefore we should be treated as such, I also told them that it wasnt inclusive to all children within the EYFS if all settings werent allowed to apply for their promotion and they have reinstated my registration,, only bummer was that I lost all my previoius people but have started again.