PDA

View Full Version : family toilet seat

foxy lady
20-02-2012, 10:44 AM
hi does anyone use 1 of these? i have seen a white and yellow 1 on ebay with soft closing lid for just over £20 just wondered if its worth buying?

rickysmiths
20-02-2012, 11:26 AM
No I have always just used a normal toilet seat and have never had a problem with any children using the toilet.

dobby
20-02-2012, 11:27 AM
I have had both the wooden one and plastic version, and the plastic one is less sturdy but far better inho. The smaller wooden seat sits on top of the normal size one whreas the plastic one goes over the top, thus stopping any problem with children who wee erm,frontwards" giving you an unexpected shower!!

If you google "family toilet seat" lots of places sell them and you can usually get them for around the price you state. The one I currently have is a german brand and the whole seat unclips for washing if required so very hygenic.:thumbsup:

snufflepuff
20-02-2012, 12:11 PM
We have one on both our toilets. They were about £15 from lidl. I'd say they are worth it- if only for my own DS. Much easier than having to store one of those little padded training seats, and more hygienic too. Especially as it means children can sit on them normally, whereas with a big toilet seat they often hold on to the edge to stop themselves falling.

dobby
20-02-2012, 01:29 PM
http://www.bathroom-trends.co.uk/acatalog/info_776.html this is the one I have :thumbsup:

Playmate
20-02-2012, 02:24 PM
What a brilliant idea! We need to replace our downstairs toilet seat and we always have mindees that need an inset seat; which usually kicks around the floor :panic: I think I may have to invest :D

tashaleee
20-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Ive got one and would recommend them as well - would definitely buy one again in the future - only dowside from an adult point of view is to remember which seat you are attempting to sit on if you have been drinking :blush::laughing:

jane5
20-02-2012, 03:54 PM
I have a wooden one from Argos and it is great.

I have used a plastic one in the soft play and didnt like it because it felt a bit flimsy (some are better than others) and my wooden one is a normal wooden seat with the smaller seat attached.

onceinabluemoon
20-02-2012, 07:07 PM
I bought one that cost about 30 quid, it keeps coming undone and now one of the supports has broken on it, not really impressed of the quality but it has been useful because the children could do it all themselves.

kindredspirits
20-02-2012, 07:36 PM
i got a plastic one from kiddicare about 2 years ago and its still going strong!!:thumbsup: wouldn't be without it i hate the toilet seats that you take on and leave on the floor when not in use this seems more hygenic imo.

blue bear
20-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I I have one, bought it for a child who had balance problems, worked brilliant at and is always there for other little ones.

miffy
20-02-2012, 08:52 PM
I haven't got one but I do have a seat that fits onto the normal seat so it's a bit smaller, more secure for the little ones.

Miffy xx

flowerpots
20-02-2012, 09:46 PM
They look fab, my little seat just gets chucked on the floor. :blush: